Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!........must be different enough from Q3, or it wouldn't be a whole number upgrade up to Q4?
Too many gigs coming up and half finished presets to load it up right now.

Can't wait to hear what everybody thinks.

Thanks. Working fine here so far. Sounds great. It's kind of fun switching through the modeling versions too.

I don't know if it's placebo or good air, but I seem to be able to get good musical feedback at lower volumes than previously when using the beta. Looking forward to playing it with the band this Thursday.

Welcome back Cliff & as always, thanks to the team.
Pauly

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_Quantum_4p00beta.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_4p00beta.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_4p00beta.zip

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Improved power tube plate current vs. grid voltage accuracy. New models more accurately reflect how the response is higher order at lower grid voltages and “relaxes” into a lower order response at higher grid voltages. This improves feel when the virtual power amp is overdriven and improves harmonic content accuracy.

Note that existing presets will NOT be affected. Any existing preset will have its local Modeling Version (under the Adv tab of the Amp block) adjusted to its previous value. To use the new modeling you will need to set the Modeling Version parameter to “Latest”. Any new presets that are created will use the Modeling Version selected in the Global menu. For example, if an existing preset was using Q3.xx modeling it will still use Q3.xx. To use Q4.00 you would need to set the Amp block Modeling Version to “Latest”. If you create a new preset and the Global menu Modeling Version is “Latest” the new preset will use Q4.00 modeling.

I don't know if it's placebo or good air, but I seem to be able to get good musical feedback at lower volumes than previously when using the beta. Looking forward to playing it with the band this Thursday.
what I'm noticing is a more extended low end, almost like modeling vQ3.xx has a filter on it and switching to latest turns it off. If anything that extra frequency response might be pushing more air through your speakers if I had to infer. either way that extra range really adds some depth even without touching the patches besides the modeling version

The high end is as smooth as buttah. The amps sing sweeter and clearer now. Really liking the diffrences. As always, thanks for the improvements Cliff and team.

I just finished playing and recording with 4.00 Beta. I noticed my patches seemed to ring out way better, and I even get natural feedback easier than before. The high notes seem less harsh, not sure if it's placebo or not but that is what I noticed Cliff.

I just found a minor mistake in the algorithm. It's probably not audible but if you use extreme values of Transformer Match (>> 2.0) or very boosted Lo Res or Hi Res values in the Spkr tab then the power tubes can actually "fold over".

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but....

Using latest Axe-Edit (and perhaps Q4 will need a new AE) if I toggle to "Latest" and then increase "Harmonics" (it's directly to the left of it) and then save it and THEN change the "Latest" to "3.03" and back to "Latest" the value that was previously saved in "Harmonics" reverts to "0"

Minor as hell.

But damn things sound great. Been glued to my main USA Lead + preset and it sounds freaking great. Hard to pin an adjective but maybe more full and seems I can get feedback easier.

Bravo and great to see you here, Cliff !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom