Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.03 Firmware Release

Last edited:
Yes!

be sure to back up your presets and stuff.
if you tweaked a lot have your settings described (csv).
best to have a fresh start on many amps, as amp moddeling has changed.
maybe all your tweaks are not needed ;)

I updated, luckily i haven't touched the advanced settings in a while, so my main patches still sounded fine.

This Mark IIC++ is pretty cool, much better sounding than the other IIC+ models in my opinion.

I updated, luckily i haven't touched the advanced settings in a while, so my main patches still sounded fine.

This Mark IIC++ is pretty cool, much better sounding than the other IIC+ models in my opinion.

I agree. I only got about 30 minutes with it, but I was able to dial in heavy sounds MUCH easier than the other Mesa Mark models. Very good initial impression.

Did we get the scoop on where the MKIIC++ Cliff modeled came from ?
You will probably not get a clear answer for this for "reasons". That being said I've seen a photo of Matt hanging out with Hetfield this year and I believe it was a picture in the Metallica studio.

EDIT: This is only a rumor okay? :D

You will probably not get a clear answer for this for "reasons". That being said I've seen a photo of Matt hanging out with Hetfield this year and I believe it was a picture in the Metallica studio.

EDIT: This is only a rumor okay? :D

Bummer since I love knowing as much as I can about the amps modeled, but I guess at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter that much. If it sounds good, it sounds good, the specific amp it's based on isn't really going to change that.

obscure Dune reference ?!$
Yes, I apologize for being off topic. It was triggered by BillyZeppa's comment (from where I'm not sure). I was always fond of that scene from the original Dune film, with the Spice navigator in the tank so I couldn't resist. The navigator is a lovely little fish, so he should date the elephant guy from this vid:

But that's even more off topic I 'spose. But the new metallica ++ is so fun to play it has rewired my mental battery terminals to both positive...so anything goes now.

Back
Top Bottom