Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

Hope this isn't seen as a stupid question but this new beta require updating the amps again?
I did the update thing (deselect/reselect Amp Type) when I installed the original 3.00b firmware.
I.e. Do I/we need to do it again to the get benefits of this new beta?

I don't think I have ever posted in any of these firmware release threads but I have to say, this may be the first firmware that I really noticed a big change in the sound of the amps! Every preset I have created instantly sounds "better" to me. Clearer, tighter, etc. Great work Cliff!

I turned everything off and then back on and I cant get the modeling switch to stay on the top one 2.0 and it pops when it goes to the middle and then back to latest. I'm on a MarkII unit and just downloaded 3.02 and am making new patches from scratch.

I turned everything off and then back on and I cant get the modeling switch to stay on the top one 2.0 and it pops when it goes to the middle and then back to latest. I'm on a MarkII unit and just downloaded 3.02 and am making new patches from scratch.

Are you using Axe-Edit? What do you mean by "stay on the top one"?

I don't think I have ever posted in any of these firmware release threads but I have to say, this may be the first firmware that I really noticed a big change in the sound of the amps! Every preset I have created instantly sounds "better" to me. Clearer, tighter, etc. Great work Cliff!
curious, what FW did you update from?

And why are you loading this firmware if you are setting the modeling to 2.00? There's no point. Stay with 2.04 until Axe-Edit is updated.

curious, what FW did you update from?

Quantum 3 Beta 1. It's probably just placebo but I did load Beta1 yesterday and it sounded good but after loading the new one today, everything just sounds "better" for lack of a good description. And for some reason, in previous firmware updates, my presets always pretty much sounded the same to me so this one stands out.

Going from Beta 1 to Beta 2 sounds like I put on fresh strings. Overall, everything just sounds so pleasing. I've been pleasantly stuck playing the Car Roamer with a low drive Esoteric ACB in front and a bit of spring verb.

With all the rave reviews rolling in, I'm having a hard time waiting for the official release. Definitely excited to try out the Recto1 model. :)

Oh my god, entering Mount Everest, so crisp now, i love it using some of the black bitch latest patches,
great, can do all with volume pot, mucha thx again FAS,

greetings Mikk

And why are you loading this firmware if you are setting the modeling to 2.00? There's no point. Stay with 2.04 until Axe-Edit is updated.
I figured it out. I was just trying the different versions to listen. If you move the saturation switch by clicking in the empty space it goes where you click. The modeling version switch behaves differently. You have to be on the little round switch for it to go where you want it. A big to do about nothing. Sorry! I don't remember it being that way before and it made popping noise when moving it but that doesn't bother me just a heads up.

I have been using 3! I was just trying stuff on for size you know? I like Q3 just fine Mr. Chase.

Dunno if it was the reload, the new changes, my brain finally coming to grips with reality 3.0, my beta 1 preset tweaks or, shudder, placebo. But I reloaded this morning and am just getting monster sounds, now. Went straight back to the FAS quantum happy place... :D This one's much more of slam dunk for me than B1. Killer work, FAS.

Still hoping for a 7th string offset being added to the tuner

When you say "7th string offset", what exactly do you mean? When you hit the 7th string on the guitar, the tuner doesn't show what note it is tuned to? The reason I am asking is that I ordered a custom Kiesel DC7X and planned to use the tuner with it.

The tuner works but you can't set a different offset for the 7th string, the offset used is the one set for 6th string.

Back
Top Bottom