Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

I think those early Satriani shows were great. I caught the one around the release, or just prior to "Blue Dream". It was one of the best shows I ever saw - I think Satch has to be seen and felt live. My favorite moment I remember is when he pointed directly at me and did an impression of me cocking my head (to his inimmitably tastfully rhythmic legato soloing thing). At least that's what I say happened.

He strikes me as very personable and a humble artist, who will continue to bless the world with original musical thought.

And if he now really uses the Axe Fx II and knows Cliff it may mean a new Axe Fx specific Satriani pickup model endorsed by Fractal:

The tone isolating/calibrating FractAlien Surfriani Pickup. Lol, just kidding guys.

Last edited:
We are working with Joe Satriani to make some models of his amp and when that's finished we'll release 1.07. It's going to be a few weeks so you can give your F5 key a rest.

Sounds great. Thank you so much.
Could you model the amp Kee Marcello?
It is a Marshall JMP Superlead, it was modified by Tommy Folkesson.
Any amp in the world sounds like that.

I've been listening to Joe's two most recent albums this week. Although there are no shocks stylistically, the sheer quality is ever present. He's forgotten more about music in the last millisecond than most of us will learn in a lifetime.

Appreciated as always, thanks for the update!

Satriani though? Really? I Mean he's a good player and sounds great but creatively he bores the living daylight out of me. Anyone here interested in NOT sounding like anyone else? Would love to see extended midi sync integration and more crazy effects. Maybe a couple more LFO's lol :)

Satriani is an inspiration. His playing is full of power and finesse. It makes it seem easy and likely has inspired a few guitarists to head to the woodshed. Like FLOCKS of them.

How do synth players get on this forum? ;)

Satriani though? Really? I Mean he's a good player and sounds great but creatively he bores the living daylight out of me.

big+lebowski.jpg

:)

Appreciated as always, thanks for the update!

Satriani though? Really? I Mean he's a good player and sounds great but creatively he bores the living daylight out of me. Anyone here interested in NOT sounding like anyone else? Would love to see extended midi sync integration and more crazy effects. Maybe a couple more LFO's lol :)
I would think the axe already has enough in it to "not sound like anyone else". What more does one really need?

I assume you mean Stu Hamm ? If so they aren't booing him they are saying "Stuuuuuuuuu !" just like at Bruce Springsteen shows you hear "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !"

Ahhh ok, now I get it. Never thought of it really...

So, we are going to have these new Satriani amps in the next FW release…. good! I'm of to eBay, find me a JS Ibanez

Cant wait to try 1.07, I'm still stuck with that old 1.05 ;)

We are working with Joe Satriani to make some models of his amp and when that's finished we'll release 1.07. It's going to be a few weeks so you can give your F5 key a rest.

I have this head.
Really great clean channel, and gain stages cover the whole Marshall spectrum from vintage to modern.
Great amp!

I owned a JVM410H and tried a JVM410HJS in a music store. I thought these amps sound very different. And what I also noticed: The JS is pretty noiseless compared to the regular JVM, because the integrated noise gates. It's a great amp and I'm looking forward to this model :)

Back
Top Bottom