Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

We are working with Joe Satriani to make some models of his amp and when that's finished we'll release 1.07. It's going to be a few weeks so you can give your F5 key a rest.

That's fantastic news! I take it you are talking about his new signature model of the JVM, the JVM410HJS correct?

We are working with Joe Satriani to make some models of his amp and when that's finished we'll release 1.07. It's going to be a few weeks so you can give your F5 key a rest.

this is very interesting as there was a YouTube video of him talking about modelers very briefly, and how they only give you 50% of what's actually happening... guess he's changed his mind :)

Please be sure to model his fingers, technique and talent as well. That's not asking too much is it?

Safe to assume Joe's using an AxeFx now?
He has a Marshall Signature head:
https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/signature-series/jvm410hjs/

AFAIK, it is still in production as an endorsed product, so I cannot see him publicly claiming to not use it. At one point as I'm sure most know, he had the JSX from PV before the Marshall contract. Ironically, in a super bizarre marketing move, PV renamed the JSX to Triple X II and the orig Triple X to "3120" after that... Presumably to either avoid any licensing issues and keep the amp in production or alternatively to confuse the heck out of anyone interested in either amp.

Maybe Satch will request a Rockman so he doesn't have to spend too much time dialing in those Surfing with the Alien tones.

Last edited:
@zenaxe i'm aware of his sig amp. just like the peavey deal, the marshall deal will also end. and just like Vai or Lerxst or Petrucci etc, i don't see him abandoning his amps but incorporating the AxeFx too. No reason he can't use or endorse both.
@iaresee i wasn't aware he was already using the axefx though it makes perfect sense. My question should've been a statement; I guess we'll soon see an announcement in the NEWS section of the forum - Welcome new Fractal artist Joe Satriani! Very cool to see that Joe's using it.

Satch has a great tone, never thought it would be this easy to get close to EVH's tone but at bedroom volume it's killing I can't imagine it cranked in a stadium.

I assume you mean Stu Hamm ? If so they aren't booing him they are saying "Stuuuuuuuuu !" just like at Bruce Springsteen shows you hear "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !"

I assume you mean Stu Hamm ? If so they aren't booing him they are saying "Stuuuuuuuuu !" just like at Bruce Springsteen shows you hear "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !"

erm…. I know…
it was something that used come up over and over on the Satch forum about 10 years ago.. lol
I was being a Stuuuuuuuuupid smart ass…

I'll get my coat.. lol

erm…. I know…
it was something that used come up over and over on the Satch forum about 10 years ago.. lol
I was being a Stuuuuuuuuupid smart ass…

I'll get my coat.. lol

I recognized it. :)

This is awesome news! I own a JVM410HJS and I run it to FOH using a Two Notes Torpedo Live. Can't wait to try this!

Back
Top Bottom