Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Well…
That’s more than enough reason for me not to go and upgrade…
I'll stay with 18, with all my CAB IR in place.
My XL is dialed and setup for my band / live set list, I was very tempted to try this new FW but there is no way I'm starting to make CAB IR lists and move them around like crazy for around 50 presets.

I can wait, it's not a bigi.
Well, it is…
But I'll wait. ;)

Seriously, there should be a way to upgrade, have these extra IR slots without making a mess of the existing.
Yes, it's a big, big pain to rearrange those cabs.
Especially when i went from Mark I to XL+.
Imagine all those around 300 presets with mostly user cabs. Many presets have 2 cabs and also X/Y between scenes. Each cab has to be reassigned manually, one by one...
I hope Fractal could somehow make Axe Edit code recognize user cabs vs factory cabs and point to the right user cab slot when loading presets made on an Axe with different amount of slots.
I guess right now all cab slots are in the same "list", therefore user cabs will be pushed back in the list as factory cab slots increase.
Maybe Al Grenadine is up for another smart tool coding adventure? :)

Last edited:
Without me having to read this WHOLE thread, can anyone answer? I was sitting on FW20. This is a whole different thing. Is 20 no more, and we are going back to 1 now? Kinda confused and I don't confuse that easily..... Thanks in advance

He had cabs assigned to global blocks , and the added 20 new IR slots changed the locations. So the patches were calling up the wrong cabs. They had to be re assigned.
thanks for the info! Under any other time this would be a deal breaker for me but I am in a musical transition and can afford to do this. Thanks for the info

Without me having to read this WHOLE thread, can anyone answer? I was sitting on FW20. This is a whole different thing. Is 20 no more, and we are going back to 1 now? Kinda confused and I don't confuse that easily..... Thanks in advance

My guess is that there was G2 Modeling (iteration when the Axe II first dropped,) G3, the next evolution, now Quantum...so you start the numbers all over again.

If I had to use just one word to describe it...I would have to say...'real'. It just sounds so real now. Not that it didn't before, it just sounds much, much, much more...real.

Of course it could just be Cliff messing with his Minions and doing an experiment to see if calling it Quantum made any difference in perception...you know, like the Hawthorne studies. Could explain why it still says v21 in Axe-Edit! lol ;-)

Am I only imagining things but why doesn't drive affect volume? Doesn't do that on Plexi 100W at least. Also hearing a lot less hiss.

Of course it could just be Cliff messing with his Minions and doing an experiment to see if calling it Quantum made any difference in perception...you know, like the Hawthorne studies. Could explain why it still says v21 in Axe-Edit! lol ;-)

I havent had a chance to try the beta yet, damn screaming baby to deal with last night , but the idea that cliff may be messing with us a little did cross my cycnical mind

If I had to use just one word to describe it...I would have to say...'real'. It just sounds so real now. Not that it didn't before, it just sounds much, much, much more...real.

This would be hilarious :p

I did notice an improvement in the sound and ease of play in alot of the amp models with this firmware, but I don't know if its just from actually getting some real practice for the first time in a few months.

I missed fw20b as I was going to wait for the official release, but the need to hear the next new thing got the better of me. Insanely impressed with the dephase function in the cab block, once i grasped what it does its hard to imagine the beasty black box without it!

I was meant to be applying for jobs today, ended up wasting it all jamming through factory presets and tinkering with IRs! So thanks FAS, one more day poor, but money doesnt buy happiness.. Actually it pays for cab packs and thats totally the same thing!

Yep, liking this. In passing, has the input gain always clicked over to MELT FACE on max??? I'm not a super high gain freak and noticed it for the first time today on the factory petrucci preset???

I'm finally starting to 'get' the mk 11 with this beta. The bright/deep model with a generous spoonful of post 'mark' eq. Hmmm. Tasty.

Back
Top Bottom