Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Guideline to enjoy your Quantum Trip:

- Update to Quantum Firmware.
- Plug your guitar.
- Turn on your Tube Power-Amp just to get that smell from the tubes cooking.
- Start playing.
- Now you have the full experience. The tone from the Axe and the smell of the tubes... The missing link.

Awesome stuff FAS. Thanks.

Or its better for PR/marketing purposes and gets back some of the attention that the Line 6 Helix has been getting recently with THEIR new product ;)

Psssst......don't trow in the "M" word, otherwise someone might searching for a misplaced screwdriver again:mrgreen:devilish:

I'm uploading it right now, will do some clips (that hopefully fit the category acceptable or approved by FAS). Stay in tune....

Cheerioo
P

EDIT: the screwdriver thing is a ironic joke! Please don't take it too serious! Have a laugh (or not).....:anonymous:

Last edited:
I really, REALLY want to update, to Quantum so bad, but I have a gig tonight, so I'll be checking this out tomorrow! I can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hear any appreciable difference in the clips. Lousy example. Download and install it and all will be evident.

Well it's just an honest clip. People should understand that at that time there was no information on what is different in Quantum. I had that one preset. Recorded a clip with FW19 and did the same thing with Quantum. I must say that it definitely feels different but I guess based on this clip the sound of a Mark IV is not changing too much.

After that clip we've heard that Fenders have more spank to them. And after playing a bit more with tweaking the amps I'm constantly preferring to have the master volume lower than before so that's why I assumed that the master volume knob "is the Quantum thing" so amps that don't really use master volume distortion are obviously not going to be the best examples of showing the difference. But once again there was no information on what Quantum was when I recorded that clip so it's just one quick example.

So I loaded up the new firmware. Horrid horrid sound. Then I noticed, something odd has occurred with my Cab block. My cab block was stored in global blocks and still is. I realise there are now more IR slots than before on the XL, but each preset now brings up a different cab IR, or combinations of cab IR's. I tried re-saving the cab block, which should then apply it to all presets, but it doesn't. Is this a bug?

It's because of the added new factory cabs.
You'll need to re-select the user cabs.

Well It's not that simple...I don't know what the hell has happened, but I tried re-assigning the global cab block, and I had to do it per-preset (Never thought it worked like that!). Then, my cab IR pretty much disappeared volume-wise. It's hardly audible. So something is really wrong. I think I'm going back to the previous firmware until this can be resolved.

Well…
That’s more than enough reason for me not to go and upgrade…
I'll stay with 18, with all my CAB IR in place.
My XL is dialed and setup for my band / live set list, I was very tempted to try this new FW but there is no way I'm starting to make CAB IR lists and move them around like crazy for around 50 presets.

I can wait, it's not a bigi.
Well, it is…
But I'll wait. ;)

Seriously, there should be a way to upgrade, have these extra IR slots without making a mess of the existing.

Quick note: Flip is there.....I still don't like the G3 drives (they sounded....mmh I guess too real, I liked the G2 versions better), but hey......there is something I like about the ODS nonHRM and also on the Carol Ann OD2....mmh, I'l, tweak them a bit and post some clips today or tomorrow evening....

Cheerioo
P

Well…
That’s more than enough reason for me not to go and upgrade…
I'll stay with 18, with all my CAB IR in place.
My XL is dialed and setup for my band / live set list, I was very tempted to try this new FW but there is no way I'm starting to make CAB IR lists and move them around like crazy for around 50 presets.

I can wait, it's not a bigi.
Well, it is…
But I'll wait. ;)

Seriously, there should be a way to upgrade, have these extra IR slots without making a mess of the existing.
You missed the last one:
Beta..yes. It's important for us users (as testers) to point out any issues we find, they might be bugs etc. Anyway, I just reloaded my IR, orverwritten the existing one, and phew! it's okay. So, I'm guessing my IR (which I saved in slot 1) didn't somehow save correctly after the firmware update.

Any us original MK 1 and 2 user will have access to the new factory cabs added to the XL and XL plus?

I just came back from rehearsals and was thinking "okay my tone is perfect right now". FW 20b. Then came here and I see this. I don't know what to say. Wow.

Ha ok, So its party time for me [emoji1]
Going to try it.

It's all good. Once you get past the IR / cab slot / global block hurdle, everything's great. Some of my presets have improved, others kind of the same, and some sound a bit woolly now so I'll need to sort those out, but overall I'm impressed. I like the way harmonic feedback comes through better now.

I've got no idea if I'm liking this because I'm expecting to like it or if it's because I'm actually noticing something different..
tone wise it sounds like everything is in the same place I think
feel wise it feels somehow softer and slicker I think..
I've also noticed that the tiny squeals I was getting in 19 and 20 [which I'd not really tried too hard to dial out cos I'd not had the available noodling time] seem to have stopped..
so I think I may try opening up the gate a little more

Had band rehearsal with Qv1.0b today. Oh man, the Brit 800. Rollback volume; humbucker versus coil split - so much fun. From grindy edgy surf to fat rock sound. Wow!

Looking forward to the gig on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom