Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

Cliff ,based on Q2 are you still needing to have the schematics to model the amp .or is it more actual measurements from the live amp.
just curious as some previous threads asking for things like a PRS Archon you have asked for the schematic or no dice . Is that changing with Quantum

Yes, schematics are required for the most accurate models.

When can we expect an official release? Itching to try this but don't like the idea of beta firmware, don't want anything going down at a band practice etc

Can't wait to try it!

@Danny Danzi:
First of all, thank you very much for your post which expresses respectfully to Fractal what are my thoughts exactly.
That being said, maybe it would be of tremendous help to Fractal if you sent them a list of the amps with your evaluation of their percentage regarding being tubey vs. tranny? It does not have to be publicly posted here or anywhere else (though I think many users would whish for it I would strongly advise against).
If you find the time I can't see how it could hurt rather than help.
Thank you.

@ Fractal:
Thank you for your outstanding effort!

Thanks for the kind words. Like everyone else, I've got a decent investment with Fractal with 2 axe fx units, the pedal board and pedals etc. I'm here for the duration and would do anything I could to help Cliff or the community. If he needs me or my opinion on anything, hopefully he'll reach out to me. At the end of the day, we're all in this world together. Make the best of it as a team I say. :)

With the new(er) products out now and whatever Cliff and co. have in store for upcoming products, (along with Cliff's last iteration)... maybe FW updates will be farther and fewer between with attention diverted for these newer products and things that are yet to come.

Great post Danny. Very respectful and tactful.

When can we expect an official release? Itching to try this but don't like the idea of beta firmware, don't want anything going down at a band practice etc

Can't wait to try it!
This question gets asked all the time and always goes unanswered, or the response is 'soon'. This way no one can complain when a release date is missed (You said it was going to be out on Wednesday at noon! WTF you SUCK! I'm gonna complain on Yelp!). It's ready when it's ready, that's how Cliff works. He evolves his firmware one epiphany at a time. You have to get your mind right with it early.

tl;dr version - you can't schedule genius.

I don' t think things will be changing too much from here out. The new equations are based on actual tube curves rather that theoretical equations. I don't think we can get any more accurate than that.
That is a monumental statement! Congratulations, Cliff!!!

I don' t think things will be changing too much from here out. The new equations are based on actual tube curves rather that theoretical equations. I don't think we can get any more accurate than that.
Been here way too long to fall for that one. :)

Seriously though we've been kind of at that point where it's just so ridiculously good that development could have stopped a long time ago and no one would have been upset. I for one appreciate the perfectionist and dedication to the product. I've said it many, many times, but this is by far the best customer/manufacturer relationship I've ever had with any product of any type. It's not that I get treated specially as an individual, but the entire customer base gets to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

If it is the last big change then so be it. I'd be a liar though if I didn't say that I'd be a bit sad to not see what that big brain comes up with next.

Been here way too long to fall for that one. :)

Seriously though we've been kind of at that point where it's just so ridiculously good that development could have stopped a long time ago and no one would have been upset. I for one appreciate the perfectionist and dedication to the product. I've said it many, many times, but this is by far the best customer/manufacturer relationship I've ever had with any product of any type. It's not that I get treated specially as an individual, but the entire customer base gets to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

If it is the last big change then so be it. I'd be a liar though if I didn't say that I'd be a bit sad to not see what that big brain comes up with next.

Don't worry. We still have all of the effects that can be tweaked, cabs, etc. Just because the amps are good to go doesn't mean we don't still have a ton of other options. :)

Another great release. Another big smile on my face. Another night I'll be wasting away exploring new amps just because I can.

Even if the modeling reaches the elusive "DONE!" state, there will be more amps to model, more effects to create or tweak, new products to be devised and released. This is far from "The End"!

Also check out the Carol-Ann models because they're just really good amps and sound even better now.

Agreed. I cycled through the first two models and used the OD2? I'm not in front of my gear at the moment. Recorded BETH with it, with one of the Fuzz overdrive blocks in front I smoothed it by having a compressor before and after the amp block. Not conventional, per se, but worked for me.

I wonder what it would be like to go back to FW10. I believe it was at FW13.x when I got my Axe FXII. I wasnt really sure if I liked it or not. But at that time I really did not know what I was doing. Not sure how much learning process versus FW improvement have improved my sound but now I am very happy with the sounds I am getting from this beautiful black box. I am so glad I did not give up and go back to an analog rig.

Even if the modeling reaches the elusive "DONE!" state, there will be more amps to model, more effects to create or tweak, new products to be devised and released. This is far from "The End"!

I agree. There are always more amps, cabs, and effects to be added.

I love what we have and if Cliff figures out something new, I'm ready for that also.

I kind of disagree with some of the above statements about updates, things have gotten better and easier all the while. I've had sounds that I loved that got lost with fw updates, but now I can get those so easily.

Cliff is awesome for putting up with all the negativity and complaints (and us :)), yet staying passionate about what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom