Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

Tremendous update.

I much prefer the sound of the amps going direct with cab modelling.
I could be persuaded to go FRFR now.

When upgrading from 6.02, if I do not reset the amp model, will it generally sound the same as 6.02 or am I better off resetting the amp for each patch? When resetting the amp, does it change the tone setting or just advanced settings?

What a great update, can't stop playing!:D Thanks to Cliff and the beta team, this is awesome!

- Hans8)

When upgrading from 6.02, if I do not reset the amp model, will it generally sound the same as 6.02 or am I better off resetting the amp for each patch? When resetting the amp, does it change the tone setting or just advanced settings?
it won't sound the same as parameters have been tweaked under the hood and in some cases it may even sound off. so a reset is recommended.

That's a hell of an add list from 6.02.

I have a few important gigs coming up, so I'm not going to download the beta. Soon as this goes non-beta, I'm there. I'm salivating. lol

well from comments folks say its good. - I cant download it yet, as My axe is in my rack and hard to manhandle it from the front. - so i'll require Axeedit to appear.

Hopefully that will be on release of the Release ver 7.0? - is that a realistic thought? or am I being optimistic and could be weeks?

I am practicing self control, not downloading until official version and updated AXE EDIT... lets see how this goes... ;)

well from comments folks say its good. - I cant download it yet, as My axe is in my rack and hard to manhandle it from the front. - so i'll require Axeedit to appear.

Hopefully that will be on release of the Release ver 7.0? - is that a realistic thought? or am I being optimistic and could be weeks?

Axe-Edit works - download the newest version here http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php - and get with the program ,-)

I was watching the forum closely yesterday evening (Europe) waiting for the v7 Beta to come up, but had to pack up the gear and send it with the crew in the truck before that happened - DANG !!
From the release notes and the posts here it's clear that this is a beyond major update, which is very exciting.
We are entering a tight schedule with gigs this week, so I won´t be able to sample any of the v7 goodies before next monday at the earliest, which is going to test my patience to the absolute limits

Yes, you should hear better definition, string separation and clarity across the board. Furthermore, you can increase the Master Volume more without it getting flubby. It will just get more focused and compressed (like a real amp). There is a larger sweet spot on the Master now.

I just reamped a couple of riffing tracks with the 5153Blue and VH4ch3
I had the MV way higher than before [up around 5 which is high for me - normally around 3.5]
it really works.. I get all the punch from the mids but retain the low end power and definition..
they sit so much better in the mix.. and that's without having any EQ from the DAW..

this is really superb..

I also re-reamped a solo previously recording with the 5153Red in 6.2 [which I thought sounded wonderful]
I used the same preset but with 7.0
the difference is pretty noticeable
more than anything there seems to be greater clarity and definition [despite all the filth I bury my tone under]

truly wonderful stuff...

Nice list. Now I am glad the drummer pushed practice up to tonight-I can grab my axe and bring it home and spend the weekend with this new haul of virtual gear.

Oh boy. Oh boy.

Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.
From my recliner seat in hot and sunny (38C) Turkey this is very exciting. Almost makes me not dread going back to dreary, sultry, slightly frigid Holland next Saturday. For now I'll have to make do with my supermodel wife instead of Cliffs supermodel amps and soak in one of the four swimmingpools instead of luscious reverbs.

Gotta go. They turned on the bubbles in the whirlpool.

See ya on Sunday.

Some amp types will sound more different than others but in general it probably won't sound the same as 6.02 with the same settings. We generally advise resetting the amp params and starting from scratch because then you're starting from the new "correct" settings for each amp rather than whatever tweaks you may have made in a previous firmware.

So...this is weird....Installed 7.0...verified the firmware version.....seeing the new controls in the amp blocks, etc......but none of my overdrive blocks are working. Need to bypass them to get sound out of the box....the time domain effect, multi-band comp, reverb all work fine.....

any ideas?

Check the level and mix settings and make sure something didn't get screwed up. Also check the sample rate parameter on page 4 as this one is brand new. Make sure it is set to 48khz.

Some amp types will sound more different than others but in general it probably won't sound the same as 6.02 with the same settings. We generally advise resetting the amp params and starting from scratch because then you're starting from the new "correct" settings for each amp rather than whatever tweaks you may have made in a previous firmware.
Adam do I have to reset EVERY amp or is there a global way of resetting?

Awesome, awesome, awesome update! The clean models are so much fun to play now, and everything sounds amazing!

Noticed that we have SOLO 99 CLEAN, SOLO 99 LEAD, and SOLO 88 RHYTHM. Is the naming mismatch intentional?

Back
Top Bottom