Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

Exposed the bias point of the last tube stage in the preamp modeling. This parameter, called PREAMP BIAS, sets the bias point of the last triode (cathode follower not counted). Depending on the bias points of the previous stages increasing or decreasing this value can alter both the harmonic content and the attack characteristics. Typically, if the previous stage has a negative bias then increasing this value will be more noticeable and vice-versa. This value is set to a default value for the model whenever the type is changed but can be overridden by the user.

Added REF SOLO parameter to Tone Matching block. When set to “ON” the reference source is sent directly to the block output. This allows easily switching between the reference source and the matched signal for comparison. It is recommended to connect an external controller (i.e. footswitch) to this for ease in switching between the signal sources.

I love it all but this is the shit here!!!!!!

Oh Hellz yeah!!!!

Wow!!! I'm amazed!! whatever that missing ingrediant was its definatley in there now :) The wife went to bed and its killing me to have to use headphones, only got 5 minutes of play without them but this awesome either way:) Thanks Cliff & Fractal team

btw is Axechange only acessible thru Axe-edit?

Spent about 15 minutes with it, just went into a factory preset and threw a new amp model and a semi appropriate cab in there and I've got a new favorite patch. Pretty damn slick Mr Chase.

I dislike superlatives on firmware upgrades. I expect better, (or different/easier parameters to get to a point.) And not being around lately, I hesitate to post much, but try to stop in every once in awhile (you know, that whole 'life' thing.)

I will say Cliff, that hands down, in my experience here (since V2.x.something a million years ago,) you have bridged that gap. While this has always been a stellar product; far over competitors. However, this firmware update has the most improvement ever. Bouncy, irritatingly honest on the amps whose personality demands, compressed and forgiving on others. The Dirty Shirley is a revelation in dynamics, versatility and attitude. To me there has always been a missing 1-2% here from real life counterparts, to me that no longer exists with the tools we have at our disposal.

You've had other epiphanies, this one outshines them by a logarithmic order. Congratulations! Go to St. Barts now.

Thanks again to the Cliff and the Beta team. It's appreciated that you bring the community into the final Beta process. It shows huge confidence in your abilities and that of your technical team.

R

when there is no space remaining for any more possible mojo..

FAS goes and finds some...

and stuffs a pile more in there...

A.... fkn... maz... in'

Guthrie's right you know...
the Axe has switched from engineering to witchcraft...

now I don't know if I'm hearing this right...
but I think I'm getting better definition and clarity in the hi-gain tones [5153Red and old VH4]..
and the Hiwatt seems somehow 'sweeter'

Yes.. More clarity. The CAE Rythm sound kickass. So does all the other amps. I love the new ones. Super brit and Spawn just.... Sounds incredible... Never tried a Splawn, but damn it sounds good... Amazing Cliff.

All my patches sounds better. Only tried thru my mesa and cabs. Testing with HK and the HS80 tomorrow :D

newbie question, going from 5.7 to this. do i need to also load the preset patches for 6?

Last edited:
found a few things:

problem with a few patches, the cab was set to user 1, and i dont have anything in user one (so no sound).. dont remember if there was something there, but i've been using my user 5 slot.

herbie 2 was really loud an distorting, unusable (yes i reset).

other than that, noticible difference (improvement) in tone... brit super is killer.

found a few things:

problem with a few patches, the cab was set to user 1, and i dont have anything in user one (so no sound).. dont remember if there was something there, but i've been using my user 5 slot.

herbie 2 was really loud an distorting, unusable (yes i reset).

other than that, noticible difference (improvement) in tone... brit super is killer.

Level down on Herbie 2. Some of the amps needs lowering, others Leeds, Divided 13 etc need more volum.

1. DONT use Axe-Edit
2. Back up your patches
3. Make sure you have a firmware file of the firmware you're currently using
4. Back up your system settings
5. THEN AND ONLY THEN do you upgrade your firmware

That'll save us the step where you come here and ask "How do I get my axe-fx back the way it was?"

And... since the Wiki is down, here is a Wicked Wiki forum post that may help reduce the ancillary questions:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/49204-wicked-wiki-5-no-excuse-no-backup.html

newbie question, going from 5.7 to this. do i need to also load the preset patches for 6?

I would say yes.. while waiting for the updated presets.
Stocks presets were tweaked/adjusted for v6. It cannot be worst than using the 5.7 presets with the v7 firmware.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a Hermida Zendrive too... Can't wait to try out the Zendrive on v7... If it lives up to expectations, this firmware upgrade will have SAVED me ~$250...

Have to ask now, Badger, Divided... Hmmm
No issues with the update to 7.
Funny I was using Edit 1.0.315 as you can use it to tweak most stuff and was just moving a couple of blocks over to infront of the amp.
No crash. (this always crashed on 6.02...
:)
Zen is nice
Kudos everyone for their creativeness.
Brian

Loaded 7.0, no problems. Loaded the 800 Dynamics patch, it sounds great, and completely reproducible to the clip Cliff posted.
Nice job FAS.

loaded 7 BETA and i love the way it sounds, but not stable enough for me right now. the tone is very different for the presets i made (when i reset the amp) and it would take a bit too long to change things, especially if since this is a beta and settings could change again with the final release version.

definitely like the direction it is going. thanks so much cliff and FAS

Back
Top Bottom