Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

This firmware has really jumbled the settings throughout my patches. All "Y" blocks are now "bassman" with completely strange settings (like transformer match at min and Speaker settings all over the place)

Does anyone know if its safe to downgrade Firmware? I'd like to reload that so I can write down my settings in the "Y" blocks....

I'm convinced (after reading the release notes) that Cliff must either be an alien or come back in time from the future where human intelligence surpasses the capacity of the brain, tube amps power fusion reactors, and smoking is considered healthy.

Seriously. Cliff, your commitment and work ethic are both humbling and inspiring. Thank you.

Reactions: gpz
This firmware has really jumbled the settings throughout my patches. All "Y" blocks are now "bassman" with completely strange settings (like transformer match at min and Speaker settings all over the place)

Does anyone know if its safe to downgrade Firmware? I'd like to reload that so I can write down my settings in the "Y" blocks....

Yes, you can go back but any presets saved in 7 will be blank in earlier firmwares.

I haven't even finished reading the release notes... all I have to say is... 2-4-6-8-WHO DO WE APPRECIATE?? CLIFF-CLIFF- YeAH CLIFF!!

I know that's pretty gay but had to interject something sort of worth while... meh... :p or maybe HOLY SHIT!! would of sufficed. Anyways... I made my point. Thanks Cliff!!

Totally safe. That's not going to restore your patches though. You'll have to reload those from a backup you made with Axe Edit.

The question of the hour is: why is loading firmware affecting patches?

Cue the boner patrol:
"I never thought that I would see this in my lifetime...up close..."

And...the movie: Clockwork Orange, famous scene - YouTube

9 amps in ONE firmware update?? Holy crap! I've gotta stop burning witches in 5.0 and get with the times here.

Great to see some ABCD implementation! User assignable parameters in recall mode doesn't seem like a dream anymore.

Power tube interaction on multiple levels, accurate power supply sag, defaults for specific amp type compression (or not), amp specific screen network, better preamp modeling, last tube stage bias point, this is kick ass.

Got a lot going on, but I'm going to 7 as soon as I get a chance.

Are you reading your setting directly from the Axe, or Axe-Edit. The new firmware won't be supported by Axe-Edit yet, so your patches might not be "borked", double check by reading them directly from the Axe-Fx .... Maybe all you need to do is wait for the update to Axe-Edit !

Well, that sucks. I guess thats the risk I took for downloading a beta. Bums me out. Most of my patches had "Y" as the amp setting....

BTW, guys, check out all the "Y" amp blocks. They are all scrambled in all patches, even stock ones. So, I guess I found a "BUG"

Totally safe. That's not going to restore your patches though. You'll have to reload those from a backup you made with Axe Edit.

How could it not effect patches as the firmware is what they are created from.

Patches are not created from firmware. Patches are simply a collection of parameter settings. I understand the TONE would be affected. I understand there are new parameters. He says all his Y settings were garbled. Why is that?

[edit: I see now he may have been using AxeEdit, which has not yet been updated. But I think the question is still a good one: why would loading firmware mess up settings?]

Last edited:

Presets modified and saved under v7 won't work with an older firmware

How could it not effect patches as the firmware is what they are created from.

Loading the firmware doesn't change the presets really. Saving them in 7.0 does though. There are fundamental additions changes hat make 7 preset not compatible with 6. Axedit can generally translate things ( to an extent) but cab block and amps have been added which change location in memory etc.

Well, that sucks. I guess thats the risk I took for downloading a beta. Bums me out. Most of my patches had "Y" as the amp setting....

BTW, guys, check out all the "Y" amp blocks. They are all scrambled in all patches, even stock ones. So, I guess I found a "BUG"

Dont you have a backup?
lo just check one patch where I use y amp. It is fine on that one.

This monster sounds rrrrealy good now!

And thanx for the presets cliff.
My head hurts just reading the firmware notes. And come to think of it.. you (Fas) did all this

Thanx for making MY head hurt,he he

Were you using axedit to look at them?

Back
Top Bottom