Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.00, MFC-101 Firmware Version 2.01 Up

OK. Now it's perfect!

Is there a way to compare the different patches? For some reason "Stone in Love" sounds clearer and has more high-end on the original. I have to wonder if perhaps I adjusted the EQ and forgot...

Oh man, so pumped, I'm still on v1.02!!!!!! Been dying to update since v2.0, but was in the middle of a recording project. Not much sleep in my future tonight. :)
So you will get the "Most Improved Tone" result of anyone on the Forum :D

Words can't describe how amazing v6.0 is. Most importantly, some high gain amps sound live and full-bodied compared to v5.07.

Never been a big fan of Energyball but it sounds a completely different way now, highly usable for high gain riffs and Steve Morse-like solos. Same with 6160 and Das Metall and many others.

The control knobs are a bit tricky at the first instanse as they behave differently, especially Presence and Treble. That's okay with me though as it took little time to get used to it.

All in all, the most impressive FW update I've seen so far. Many thanks Cliff and the entire team!

P.S. Sound clips will follow shortly.

Was the on/off state of a global block decoupled from the global parameters in this update? I didn't see it documented, but that appears to be the behavior in my limited testing. If so, this is an excellent addition and should be in the changelog. That's been the first thing I look for in each update.

But yeah, the rest of 6 is awesome too... I found that before, all the advanced parameters seemed to open up too many possibilities and I never could decide on a sound I wanted. Now, I feel like I can get really close, then adjust the advanced params to get right where I want to be.

Question, is the presets new too. It says here are presets to go with firmware 6.
And if, how can I transfer them but not to the adited and downloaded from the forum ones?

Watching this thread all week I was pumped to upgrade last night. I'm a keyboard player but have been working on guitar for awhile. I've bought a lot of nice gear over the years, from oberheims and moogs to kurzweils and korgs. But I gotta say, no piece off gear has ever blown me away like the axe II. It is a beast. And V6 is the quantum leap forward that everyone says it is. Whatever you guys at FAS are doing, don't stop. You have an awesome product

Question, is the presets new too. It says here are presets to go with firmware 6.
And if, how can I transfer them but not to the adited and downloaded from the forum ones?
yes, there are updated factory presets that go with v6 firmware. i don't understand the 2nd part of your question?

I don´t have the II yet. I´m trying to keep my self in balance and not be a fanboy....... BUT ............... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

10 days left for the II to come home, and another week(about) to get my new Luke III. Going crazy here...

Got 2 Suhr´s in april (it helps no doubt). My best 2 months ever.. April/May 2012 will be in my book of good times, in my future museum...... 6.0 here I cum :)

If you want.. resets global settings to default, and it might help for a fresh start.

Not true in my case!

AGREED! But again, I didn't reset my system parameters, and I don't think it's always necessary, just a quick way to ensure you are starting at square one for consistent results.

Yes, there wasn't a need for me to reset my system parameters either, or, if there is, I have tin ears and the presets that sound incredibly are going to sound even more incredible if I do it. So far though they sound awesome, so until Fractal says to do so I ain't touchin' it.

Got to use V6 live tonight, worked nicely! I still need some tweaks, but the presets are very musical and sat well in the onstage mix. Good work.

If you have overwritten the factory presets with new on the axe, then you have to transfer the firmware 6 presets individually and not the whole banks?

If you have overwritten the factory presets with new on the axe, then you have to transfer the firmware 6 presets individually and not the whole banks?
Yes, but...you can audition the new presets directly from the bank file using Axe-Edit, without overwriting anything on the Axe-FX.

Hello friends,

i am currently using a Kemper Amp, sorry for that!
Many things will not work properly yet.
I heard about the new firmwareversion 6.00!
Is it better to upgrade now on Axe-Fx II?
What I mean, is the sound just as good as the Kemper Amp?

panhandle

Hello friends,

panhandle

Hello Panhandle,

The answer to your question is a very subjective matter. Given that you've posed this question to the Fractal Audio user community the overwhelming majority of answers you'd receive from this community will be 'yes, the Axe FX II sounds just as good as the Kemper Profiling Amp'. This won't give you much to work with as the subjective opinions offered would clearly be biased towards the Axe FX II (the users here did drop $2,400 for an Axe FX II so they'd already answered your question with their hard earned money).

There are distinct differences between the two platforms across the board. About the only thing that the two have in common is that their both digital signal processors primarily intended for use with fretted stringed instruments. Beyond this singular similarity they're different form factors, different processes, different workflow, different I/O, etc.

Only you can decide which platform is better suited to your application and which sounds 'better'. Fractal Audio offers a 15-day trial period. You may return the Axe FX II within 15 days should you find that it does not meet your expectations. If you are able to I'd suggest ordering one and trying it out for yourself. Your risk is limited to shipping cost. Better yet you fan ask if there's an Axe FX II user in your area who would be willing to arrange a demo for you (I've done this more than once for locals and I know other users have as well).

To answer your question: I think the Axe FX II sounds as good as the Kemper audio recordings KPA users have posted online. I've not played through a KPA yet so I can only go by what I hear in recordings. I would say that the sound quality and 'realism if the modeling/profiling output are a wash between the two based on what I've heard to date. Personal preferences would be the deciding factor(s) as to which is the better choice. Where the Axe FX II wins for me is in its emulation process, quality and selection of effects, signal routing, deep editing versatility, workflow, and form factor.

Here's hoping you find the right answer for you quickly. :)

And not to mention the incredible Fractal support, dedication to customers has never been so far with other companies I've dealt with.
Once you get your hands on an Axe-FX II, the only risk is keeping it! Not to say other gear may gather dust.

Hello friends,

panhandle

If possible you should just try the Axe-Fx II with the current firmware. I'm happy with the axe-fx II but I have never tried a kemper, but only from clips it sounds great.

edit - Deaj said it better

Back
Top Bottom