Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.00, MFC-101 Firmware Version 2.01 Up

All is great, and one thing that I discovered on this MFC update is ALTERNATIVE PRESETS. Oh maaan, that is way cool (and useful).. well, for me anyway ;) Check that out, so many new possibilities that opens up

Already existed. Covered this in a "Wicked Wiki" edition. :)

Already existed. Covered this in a "Wicked Wiki" edition. :)

huh?!? really? when i stomped on an active preset before it "reloaded" but now it goes to an alternative preset. or maybe it wasnt "deafault" before, and my sorry ass didnt noticed it

Meant to say that alt.presets already exist in 1.x firmware.

2.x firmware installs it as default in existing setups. You gotta change stuff in the Preset menu on the MFC per preset if you want to change it to Global or something else.

People! Reset System parameters after updating!!!!! The presets will sound awfull if you dont do this!

The presets are amazing. I love it! :)

If they dont sound right, you are doing something wrong

Great, when this was released yesterday I was too busy fucking this chick I'm seeing, and now I'm at work. I have the worst luck ever.

Oh fantastic, I just realised I wont have time for Firmware 6 tonight either because I'm seeing Russian Circles tonight then going to a party. Fuck my shitty life.

How exactly do you do the System reset? Utilities then Reset System? Or are you doing something else?

People! Reset System parameters after updating!!!!! The presets will sound awfull if you dont do this!

I didn't see anything about this in the installation directions...did I miss it? Is it really necessary?

Congrats on this achievement FAS team and Beta testers !!!
Quite a milestone updating the entire suite. Big thanks to all of you for all the work. :)

An astonishing breakthrough by the sounds of it. Have yet to do the installation of the software but just had to applaud Cliff and the FA guys with what I feel will be a significant turning point in sound modelling. Can't wait to try and hear it in action. Hats off to you all!

wheres a good place to start with instr?
Whatever it's set to when you get to that menu page, that's where you start. :)

If you follow bammbamm's instructions, you'll get the same result no matter where you start.

People! Reset System parameters after updating!!!!!
If you want.. resets global settings to default, and it might help for a fresh start.

The presets will sound awfull if you dont do this!
Not true in my case!

AGREED! But again, I didn't reset my system parameters, and I don't think it's always necessary, just a quick way to ensure you are starting at square one for consistent results.

yay! I've got my vox tonelab SE twaked for working with the axe-fx II and the new firmware now, yeeeeeha! It's great!

But, when I switch presets it takes too long and often make crazy sounds while changing. What do I do? It can't go on like that.

When I change presets through midi with my tonelab SE it takes way too long, meh.

Oh and yeah the looper is making nasty pops while "jumping back" to the beginning of the loop :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom