Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.01 Up

Being able to switch the Grid Modelling on/off really shows how much the Grid Modelling improves the sound (to me at least), I really like the high-end detail it adds. I can see some sounds which would be better w/o Grid Modelling, but I've been turning it on for almost all presets.

Just spent 2 1/2 hours jacking with the update. I have to say this box has finally arrived and set a new bar. Patches are all more open and 3D. The character of the amps and different flavors from the cabs and mics to me seem more apparent. There is far more musical beauty and character inside this box. The Tape delay works like a dream and comes so close to an echoplex that i really can't hear a difference. I could spend hours alone and only scratch the surface of its capabilities. The new amp is tight and bouncy and cleans up just right. Congratulations to Cliff for this jaw-dropping update! I just knew he'd pull it off.

well for some reason i cant seem to get the update to work for me.
Ive done it 3 times, getting errors every time

any thoughts?

I have downloaded from the first thread's page the new firwmare 4.01. As the link of new Axe-edit is not working
on the website it is possible to have a working download link posted on the Thread.
Many thanx,
Marco

This Machine (Axe fx II) is Amazing!
Thank u Cliff to exist!

Mine isn't working either. I've done every other update without a problem. But now halfway through the update my axe seems to be rebooting. The axe edit progress bar keeps going but the axe eventually just ends up being on a random preset and no longer shows a progress bar.
Then when axe edit is finished at 100% the window pops up saying "update unknown"

Any ideas why it's not working?

From 4.00 to 4.01 I had the AxeII prompt me to reboot vs. automatically rebooting and AxeEdit gave and "Firmware Unknown" dialog box.

But all was well, check the Utility -> Firmware page on the AxeII afterwards. Mine showed 4.01 correctly despite the AxeEdit error.

Richard

Just tried again and it keeps rebooting around 65 percent of the transfer. I'm not sure what's going in here.
4.01 is not installing.

It says check my midi settings.
What should I have the buffer size and buffer delay set to?

Last edited:
Default is Buffer 256, delay 0ms.
Midi channel 1

Mine updated fine just now.

Just tried again and it keeps rebooting around 65 percent of the transfer. I'm not sure what's going in here.
4.01 is not installing.

It says check my midi settings.
What should I have the buffer size and buffer delay set to?

OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS MERCY, the FAS 6160 is UNBELIEVABLE (for metal). THANK YOU FOR THIS CLIFF.

Only bummer is that Axe Edit v1.0.255 doesn't show the FAS 6160 model (similar to how the JVM model wasn't visible in Axe Edit when it was released in 3.03). A MINOR problem though.

Sorry Cliff, my bad i'd engaged the boost by accident. Was returning to delete my post, but you were toooo damn fast. Fab work on the tweaked 5150, only had chance to play with it for 5 minutes so far BUT I think you've managed to get rid of all the junk frequency i've always hated in the 5150...

Going to be updating the 5150 A/Bing thread tomorrow! :D

Back
Top Bottom