Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 3.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you load the updated Bank A? I save my custom Bank A as presets so i can load them as I choose. Then I loaded up bank A updated version.

Thanks! I was wondering the same thing. I dont really notice that much of a difference yet.It says 3.00 on my axe but it seems to about the same as before but more high end.I'll reboot it.
reboot, system reset (don't forget to set it up again afterwards, like input level etc.). and when you audition old presets, sometimes it helps to initialize the amp block first...

I only had a couple presets I made.I lost them but no big deal.I did reboot it and the 1st one I played was c308 and it is awesome! Huge soud! Super duper heavy! I hope they all sound this good.

The vintage and rock settings are great, makes for so many more options.

If I take an existing preset and just turn that one knob I can create three usable presets.

Hey Cliff! Very awesome update. I'm having a blast tweaking everything. Could you give some details on how the AMP VOICING parameter works?

I've been playing this update for the last three hours, this is such a great great improvement especially in the bottom end response.
Before this one i was seriously considering selling the axe but this has made all the difference, and the first 40 factory presets that everyone was raving about are now usable for me, before i thought they were boomy and horrible.
Happy Days

Ok, Im a bit perplexed. I loaded the new firmware. I still have my presets. Now, the amp models do sound very different, in different ways, some louder some softer some less gain some more bass (when I do the amp model back and forth trick outlined by Cliff to check new amp models). So I am trying to figure out what changes when I click the amp model forward then back to the original amp model. Is the amp model now changing to the new version, or is it just some of the parameters are changing? (eg new default parameters). In other words theoretically have my presets changed in someway already before I go back and forth, due to the new firmware, or do I only get to hear changes by doing the method outlined above?.

Another way of asking this is could I get the exact sound of my current upgraded pre back and forth sound , by re adjusting parameters that change due to different default settings. I currently dont know which settings change drastically but the sound does. sorry if confusing

I'm likin' this v3 thing. Don't understand half of what's in the release notes but I'm not too concerned. Sounds killer. i.e. Recto Orange. Vox AC15TB. Whew!

Late night tonight. Got a gig tomorrow.

Damn! I'm gone for a couple of hours and bam! Gonna go by the jam room to pick up my Axe-fx II!!!! thanks a bunch Cliff!

Sounds amazing. The output volume taper improvement is perfect. Please keep this setting for future releases. It works so well with outboard gear.

I can't believe the improvement. I didn't think there was any room for improvement. Proven wrong in a good way. Looking forward to the AxeEdit update since that's my main way of editing.

WOW!!! Update went very smoothly. notes ring of the fretboard, tube amp punch is there, before the update on some presets when I would switch to the neck pickup the bass got a little mushy now its defined and so clear and did I mention punchy :) ... everything I thought the II brought to the table just got tripled :) I notice also on presets with heavy amounts of effects blocks have more clarity also... I just wish it wasn't so late so I could crank it up :) This really is awesome Cliff !! thank you so much.

Holy crap.

This update is unbelievable. The new Amp Voicing feature is insanely cool. I am just in awe. My damn fingers are killing me... I can't stop playing! And I haven't even checked out all the other cool new features yet. See ya in a few days...

Brought the Axe home but probably won't be able to play tonight... Can someone elaborate on the amp voicings options please?

WAIT, so if you upgrade the firmware then you lose your presets??? Surely this can't be right...???
Nope. The zip file includes new Bank A presets if you want them, but I always do my own and it kept them. Sounds great... less than 10 minutes in, but a noticeable improvement in the clarity.

Brought the Axe home but probably won't be able to play tonight... Can someone elaborate on the amp voicings options please?

It's on PG2 of the Amp settings. Here are the values you can choose from:

• Neutral
  • Modern
  • Vintage
  • Rock
  • Pop
  • Warm
  • Bright
  • Dark

One of my favorite presets is 357 Cheezy Metal. I went to it, changed the cab to a number of different cabs with V30s, turned off the Chorus, and changed the Amp Voicing to Modern, and OMG. I about sh!t myself. :lol

Nice! Thanks for the info... I wonder if it's just applying basic EQ curve like most plugins do with similar descriptions or is it doing something else?

A new version of Axe-Edit will be on the website shortly.[/QUOTE said:
Where is the new version of Axe Edit? I can not get the old version to recognize my Axe Fx on my computer so I am dead in the water!:cry! Please help Cliff!!!

I couldnt tell any difference....

Ha, just kidding. WOW.

Pulled up my Electric Gypsy patch with original Wrecker and I did vibe, but when i subbed it with the FAS wrecker, ahh thats nice.
THEN subbed it with the Lonestar, OMG.. sorry but yes, Cliff you outdid yourself.. just wow.
Sorry I'm busy for the next few days, with my AX2.
ps I think i hear the crack, umean knock lol..
and havent even touched any new parameters yet

edit 2 hours later.. still WOW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom