Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

SP 1x12s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I made the amp changes I toggled between my favorite Marshally OH IRs from 1x12, 2x12, and 4x12 vintage and modern.

I used cab lab and eight presets at a time, I sent them over to my user cab slots. Now my first 40 or so user cabs are the T2 SP IRs from OH. Those are followed by the mixes from both Fractal Audio producer packs. These are the IRs that I use to audition everything with. I often just take factory presets and adjust the IR to be one of these mix IRs, and it sounds fantastic!!!

Recommended Marshall IRs are as follows:

SP Mix T2 M-PR-55 and for less bass the G12-H-30 SP Mix T2 also the M-55-BB T2 SP Mix is great.

Scott uses these with the Amp Block Speaker Tab "Low Resonance Frequency" at 125Hz.

These IR and settings are right from Scott Peterson and the process I used in my original post with cranking the MV and low resonance values were right from Cliff's release notes. I'm definitly standing on shoulders here and just reposting exactly what I have learned from them. So all props go to those guys.

Last edited:
Wow, what an impressive update.
I updated at 12:30 am last night. Selected my empty preset, chose my go to cab IR. Added a Delay and Reverb in parallel, and then I picked an amp at random.
I selected the amp type and rolled the wheel back and forth with my eyes closed. Wound up on the Britt800, turned the Presence to 4.5, Master to 5, and played until the sun came up. Literally.

Musical paradigms have been shattered in recent years. I don't see any reason to slow up now.
Thanks to FAS and everyone on board. Keep up the ground breaking work.

A third chord? WHY?

Status-Quo-001.jpg

yessmiley.gif

Look, I'm supposed to be practicing my scales and arpegios now I'm fussing with firmware updates how am I ever going to get any good at this thing . Now I updated to 12.04b and all my 5 ths are flat and my 9 ths are sharp WTF.
* 12.04 B " The cool Jazz " Firmware .
But seriously , this is great stuff , just getting better and better . I think the Dominant 7 arpegios sound more DOMINANT \M/ arrrr.

Fairly massive improvement around the board. I've spent the last couple hours playing amps I've never bonded with in the past only to find that I suddenly love them. The QuickRod in particular was always a bit disappointing, but suddenly it really feels alive with this new update.

I must say though, I'm surprised by just how subtle the differences between tube types are. I've done a bit of experimenting with 6L6, EL34, 6V6 and KT88s on various amps I've owned in the past and I've found the differences fairly noticeable. Perhaps not as substantial as those folks who haunt TGP like to claim, but definitely something you'd notice.

Has anything been changed on the 59 Bassman other than the comp value? Seems a little thinner and dirtier than it used to.

Finally, is there any chance that the reverse delay will ever be fixed so it only plays in reverse instead of alternating between backwards and forwards like it does now? I know I might be the only person to actually use reverse delay, but it would save me from having to run a Line6 Echo Park through the loop for just one song.

I read it a few times and I'm not sure if I totally understand.
We are all so focused on the power tube selection feature that we probably missed some other "goodies".

Improved .........

Added Preamp Sag parameter to Advanced menu in Amp block. This parameter allows turning the preamp sag modeling on or off. Turning it off replicates the behavior of separate preamp and power amp. Turning it on replicates the behavior of an integrated tube head or combo amp.

.......... greater than 7.

Does this mean we can now "defeat" the preamp and use different preamps with different poweramps? Even if we have to use two AMP blocks on the grid this is AWESOME!!

Sorry if this was discussed previously, I read until page 6 and it was probably mentionned later on the thread.

I read it a few times and I'm not sure if I totally understand.
We are all so focused on the power tube selection feature that we probably missed some other "goodies".

Does this mean we can now "defeat" the preamp and use different preamps with different poweramps? Even if we have to use two AMP blocks on the grid this is AWESOME!!

Sorry if this was discussed previously, I read until page 6 and it was probably mentionned later on the thread.

i don't believe this is the case....i think it's just referring to the different ways integrated amps and separate preamps/power amps interact.

A lot depends on the amp. A good cathode biased class A amp should be able to emphasize the difference more prominently (particularly with a relatively simple circuit). At least, that was my experience.

In a 100 watt amp with external bias, the tube changes didn't make huge differences, but still noticeable.

In a 50 watt cathode biased amp, the differences were emphasized a bit more than the 100 watt.

YES!!! Looks like building my virtual amps just got a whole lot easier and versatile!!!!

Thank you Cliff! One step closer to that "amp builders" firmware edition I've been hoping for :D

I need to seriously stop hanging out on this form. I should be practicing but I have a feeling noodling with some new firmware is in my future :lol

Thanks FAS for the awesome work you do!

Back
Top Bottom