Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

We are not worthy
sc_re-church-sp.gif

I think so but I didn't want to oversell it.

You're killing me man. I'm stuck at work until 5 eastern. I have 2 disassembled guitars on my desk at home because I'm transferring pickups between #1 to #2 and my new pickups are supposedly arriving today for #1. I don't have time for this crap today!!!! LOL. Well, perhaps I should make time for the biggest thing since 9 (the best advance for me personally due to scenes volume control).

Good call on skipping "13".

Is there a difference between this public beta and the private beta that the beta team is testing?

Well I hope you are happy with yourself - you really did it this time Mister!

Time for someone to take a [well deserved] time out! :lol

Had a few minutes to take 12p04 for a spin through the Mesa USA Sub Blues before heading to work - what a difference - more chime / less hi freq hiss - verified 2-3 above.

Thanks so much Cliff!

EDIT: opps! Verified 6 above too! Much to my delight and impaired hearing - the CLR are at my feet pointing straight towards what is left of my ears! :)

Wow, this sounds promising! Can´t wait to get home to my Axe FX! (Oh yeah, and the wife, too...)

It will be really interesting to see if this FW-update will have any impact on the ongoing discussion about getting more cab/thump/amp-in-the-room-feel from FRFR-solutions!

Oh my God, what a sound improvement!!!!
One question: i know that in each preset is better to switch to another amp and come back to the desired amp to have the benefits of the new amp modelling in 12.04. Is there a way to refresh ALL the presets together or is better making it for each preset individually?

Last edited:
All right , I usually don't have much to say about firmware updates, some I've loved , some not so much, but the past few have all been amazingly good.
I just installed this Beta. In the past I have made some comments about high notes sounding or feeling "thinner" as I go up the neck
(I know I've seen a few others state the same thing). that is no longer the case now. I just finished jamming out on the Plexi 50W jumpered.
and my wife is screaming at me from upstairs to turn it down. Single notes are definitely "rounder" now.
I had been playing around with some back of cab IR's that low pass filter approach.... I just removed that back of cab from my "JSX" patch and now it actually sounds better
through the CLR without it. There is definitely more "thick punch" coming through now and I can get the master volume up on the HBE to 7 and it actually sounds great :)
thank you Cliff, this one is definitely "A keeper" :)

^ starfighter I did not see your post. Absolutely, I'm going to have to wait for the Mrs. to go back out before I can crank it up again
but I'd say on the HBE, the Plexi 50 jumped and the JVM od1 orange... there is a nice new "fullness/roundness" to the sound now that wasn't there this morning (at least not to this degree)

Interesting. Looking forward to trying this beta out tonight. Have to admit, though, I'm skeptical. Usually with every FW release I see tons of people saying "huge improvement" or "big difference" then I try it and find the differences subtle at best.

For those that have tried it, are you finding the differences evident only at high volumes? I ask only because I typically use the Axe strictly for "bedroom level" practicing and recording.

...Usually with every FW release I see tons of people saying "huge improvement" or "big difference" then I try it and find the differences subtle at best. ..

lol... TRUTH ;)

I'm sure its an improvement (haven't uploaded it yet..) I usually look at posts in a curve. I tend to ignore the outliers (extreme excitement and hyperbole as well as haters).

Is there a way to do that?

Nope. But there's no need to do this now either. 12.04 beta sets the correct Tube/Dyn.Damping parameters already.
If it's necessary, the release notes will mention it.

I think you put in one of the few last pieces of the puzzle, with the addition of the tube selection. What I think it means, is that now we have the ability to fully create our own Transformer amp, that's pretty exciting. ...

Hey hey hey! Let's not overlook the Preamp Sag parameter Cliff has just gifted to us ... this could be HUGE! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get home so I can actually try this FW update! :) It sounds like this one has really taken things to a new level. I'm glad to hear that tube choices have been incorporated, as I like to mess around with tube swaps for tone nuances. I'll be putting in my inputs as well after getting some time with it... but at the rate Cliff is knocking these updates out, we'll be on FW 20 within a week! :)

Back
Top Bottom