Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

So we have to reset the amp block or not ??

Yes, definitely have to reset (at least I did). My presets were window-shattering loud and sounded like a Gorilla 1x12 combo amp until I reset the amp blocks. I should mention though that for whatever reason, I didn't have to do it for every preset. The majority of them I did but definitely worth it. Sounds great!

I noticed that my AxeFX-II takes a bit longer to boot after the Firmware 12 update (lights come on but takes a few seconds for "welcome" screen to come up). Is that normal?

This is also the case with me. The first Axe-Fx II I had froze like that permanently (all lights on with a blank/but illuminated screen) and I had to send it back and get a replacement unit. So seeing the lights/blank screen stay on longer than normal like that gave me a bit of a scare and made me think, "Oh no, not again!". :lol

Anyway, loving the new firmware (using Modeling Version 12.xx, Authentic Modeling Mode). My high gain patches seem to be clearer and tighter, with maybe a bit more punch. I normally have a minor panic attack when a major firmware comes out that has changes to the amp modeling, because I know it's going to screw with my patches and I am going to have to do a lot of re-tweaking. Not this time. Things just sound (and feel) better and I don't feel the need to touch anything to compensate for the changes made. That's huge for me. :)

I just spent some quality time with FW12. I don't have an easy way to directly compare it with FW11 so it could just be placebo effect, but to my ears it sounds better again. Every factory preset now seems to sound good to GREAT! My presets sound even better. Loving it! Great work FA!

I've been playing guitar all morning with release 12 and axe edit 3.03... What a fantastic execution of a brilliant idea. Thank you Cliff and FAS team!

The improved diode clipping + the improved power amp modeling has taken my Hiwatt patches to a whole new level. The clarity is insane, and that's with the master cranked well beyond 10.

what does the "improved diode" do to the drive blocks, I can say my t808 default sounds like a cocked wah, I swear I thought it turned on my auto engage wah pedal.

Sean, can you post a Champ patch? I'm Champ-deficient and can't seem to get it to sound anything other than thin and odd! Thanks!

I tried it with several 1x12 and 2x12 cabs but absolutely loved it with one of the Dumble 4x12 mixes (can't remember which one of the two of the top of my head).

Holy crap, I kind of glossed over the scene controller thing. I still haven't dug into scenes to be honest.

So if I'm right, basically we have two assignable controllers to use in any preset. Each controller has 8 settings; each of those settings can be used in the scene of the corresponding number. Correct?

Holy crap, I kind of glossed over the scene controller thing. I still haven't dug into scenes to be honest.

So if I'm right, basically we have two assignable controllers to use in any preset. Each controller has 8 settings; each of those settings can be used in the scene of the corresponding number. Correct?

You got it.

Back
Top Bottom