Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like that thought, options to select your own category configuration, makes sense!
that would probably be the best for all users. not sure though if this is possible to do. would a new firmware installation or a reset reset your list ? could it be stored in the internal memory and what happens when a new model is being added ?

There's a difference for Axe Edit though. There you should easily be able to manipulate it in different ways.

There's a difference for Axe Edit though. There you should easily be able to manipulate it in different ways.

+1

I was going to say, if AE (TNP) has any database system at all (SQLite?) it should be a breeze. We'll have to wait and see. :)

I can see why the beta team struggled with this. You could sort by class (A, B, AB, D, and H) but that would be really confusing. You could sort by type (Solid-State, Tube, Digital/Modeling, and Hybrids) but that too would be more confusing than what exists today. You could sort by sound but as noted that is subjective and many amps cross boundaries. You could sort by manufacturer but then you have the issue where real manufacturer’s names are not used not to mention the models that are not based on any real world counterpart. My personal preference would to simply sort by name. In theory it would be akin to sorting by manufacturer and make it easier to rapidly scroll through the list.

Great, think I will give this a try.

On my wish list is a Marshall Major, I see the Splawn Nitro is modelled in 9 and is based on KT 88s so I am wondering if this might be able to get close.

Thanks FAS!

I got around to trying these amps out and there are some great tones there. Kinkless Tetrodes, great stuff...

Hopefully we will have an official release before the weekend. Couple more amp models should be in there too: Two Rock Jet and Fuchs ODS50. Also I have finished the "FAS Crunch" model which is my take on the ultimate Plexi.

I also have a Fender Bandmaster on the way and maybe a Bad Cat.
Awesome!

Cliff, I saw you mention you might be getting an ENGL Savage in the wanted thread. Any chance of that emerging in the v9 official release?

IF the beta team feels its too confusing ordering them by gain type considering some amps can go from very clean to very hot, how about just putting them in order of how much gain each amp is capable of? That shouldnt be too difficult no?

I can live with it,the way it is

Agreed. I know where every amp is now, and i know what category it is. Would probably confuse me if it changed :)

I worked with the air parameter tonight... That got me the highend i missed. Just like a real cab. High end without spikey freq´s... Lovely.

:D :D :D

IF the beta team feels its too confusing ordering them by gain type considering some amps can go from very clean to very hot, how about just putting them in order of how much gain each amp is capable of? That shouldnt be too difficult no?
whichever way you do it, there's always gonna be someone, or a lot, not going to be happy...

You know it would be awesome if the amps on the amp tab page were put in order of gain. From clean fenders to the highest gain ones last. Itd make it easier to scroll through I think

... maybe tab categorized as well: Clean Amps, Low-Mid Gain Amps, High Gain Amps... or whatever. I'm sure if each category had their own individual pages, they would get filled as Cliff adds amps.

haha, yeah. good way to look at life :)

The reality is all were doing is dreaming out loud. I see nothing wrong with that. Once you start demanding something that's when the problems start. Everything I have said, has been said probably a hundred times from the Fas staff and Beta testers, so there really isn't anything new, coming that you haven't heard. With that said, I appreciate the ability to say what I think. So when you see something come out you get excited to think you had a hand in it, but in reality like I said, it was already thought of many times before my thought process made it to the thread.

life is good, and it's also short, so enjoy it, and make the most out of it that you can, before you die.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom