Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock

That's me after jamming out on 9 for the last couple of hours...the new power amp modeling is just killer. I guess all the tube gurus were right, it's really all in the iron heh...all my presets had an immediate body and richness to them which I'm digging big time. Especially interesting is going between 7, 8, and 9 with various amps/gains to hear the differences in modeling.

I cycled thru a dozen or so amps and am seriously liking this release, and the new AMP menu is great; definitely makes things easier there. I also created a scene for my Clean preset loaded with different effect settings and scenes are a mega-useful feature...I continue to be amazed at the rabbits Cliff/FAS keeps pulling out of their hat....

If you are into aggressive tones, experiment with the Power Tube Bias. Drop it to, say, 2.00 and you'll get more crossover distortion which adds a nice sizzle. This is partly why 5150s sound the way the do, they're biased cold.

Whoa...you're not kidding. The PVH6160 is absolutely screaming. I'm having too much fun to move on to the other amps. Thank you!!!

If you are into aggressive tones, experiment with the Power Tube Bias. Drop it to, say, 2.00 and you'll get more crossover distortion which adds a nice sizzle. This is partly why 5150s sound the way the do, they're biased cold.
This made a huge difference with my go to high gain amp -the EVH Red Thank you Cliff! Better full spectrum tone for sure!

For some reason some of the cabs do not show up or are replaced by letters or other things in the cab selection window of Axe Edit. Does anyone else have this problem? However, they're still there on the Axe itself.

DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT.

Until it's updated.

Please.

Program Scene 1 as desired and then set Scene 8 to everything on.

I'm trying to get my head around this. The way I'd like to use it is to have two scenes: one (1) for Rhythm and another (2) for lead. Scene 2 would have a bunch of effects turned on (lead delay, comp, drive, added volume). Most patches would default to scene 1. I'd like to have one switch on my MFC to toggle between scene 1/2 (green light on for scene 2). Any thoughts on how to set this up. I've got a switch working to toggle from scene 1 to 8 but it gets stuck on 8 and can't go back to 1.

This feature is going to be awesome by the way - just what I was going to attempt with detailed midi commands.

fyi - I did the backup / upgrade with no issues using AE.

DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT DON'T USE AXE EDIT.

Until it's updated.

Please.

It's like you're trying to communicate something but just not making yourself clear.

Until it's updated.

Please.

...Ok, note taken

Awesome. I am without an electric guitar these days. Have been for some months. As my musicman needs some repairs and I am waiting for my custom Suhr 7. So many changes have occurred during this time and I am really looking forward to checking these out. Thanks Cliff!

I needed to sleep and you give me this........... no sleep tonight. THANK YOU. I LOVE the smooooothness from all my amps! :) I'm gonna dig into scene. I think this is going to be awesome for someone like me who only has FCB1010 with limited number of footswitch. I can possibly have 5 scene per each preset. sweetness. Thanks!!!

Currently you select the scene with the CC value or via a PC map.

We are working on other possible ways to select scenes.

I would still like to be able to use MFC "Save Edits" to modify the on/off state of effects blocks while in Axe-FX mode - IOW, I would like the red/green LED behavior but be able to change effect on/off states on the fly with the MFC and store that. As it stands now, I don't have any switches in Axe-FX mode because of the current behavior.

If that's not possible for some reason, is it possible to change the scene and store it via "Save Edits" that would be selected on the fly. IOW, I select Patch 2 and Scene 1 is selected. Then I select Scene 3 on the MFC via a CC. I hit Edit to save the patch. I switch to Patch 4. I switch back to Patch 2 and Scene 3 is active. That is a more cumbersome solution because I have to have preset scenes but I don't use to many effects combinations very often so it'd be workable for me.

I don't want to setup different PCs to switch scenes because as it stands now I never bank switch in the middle of a song. In fact, I almost never bank switch at all since 95% of the time I use 1 of 4 patches. I basically treat the Axe-FX/MFC as a 4 channel amp with stomp boxes.

Great, think I will give this a try.

On my wish list is a Marshall Major, I see the Splawn Nitro is modelled in 9 and is based on KT 88s so I am wondering if this might be able to get close.

Thanks FAS!

How do you set the volume levels for each scene? Also what are the CC numbers for each scene?

Thanks

I don't know if this has already been directly answered but here it goes:

There is ONE CC (34) for changing scenes. Values 0 thru 7 select Scenes 1 thru 8

e.g. the following midi message in hex will select the third scene
B0 22 02
where
B0 is the status byte in hex for continuous control (CC)
22 is hex for 34 which is the single CC for scenes
02 is hex for 2 but the scenes are 0 indexed so this is actually 3 for scene #3

Thanks FAS! I can't see myself ever buying another tube amp again. It's so awesome to have a product that develops over time. Fractal listens to the community and pushes the Axe to a whole new level every update. When you buy a tube amp you are stuck with what you get... I'm loving my unit more and more every second.

Got shows in Iowa the next 3 days...have to wait 'till Sunday to try this...bummer! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom