Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

G'day,

Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky with FW20B as others. I tried to backup before updating but it just kept timing out so after 1/2 hour of that I proceeded with the 'it never stuffed up before' philosophy... Well.. we all know how that ends up.

So... All my user cabs are gone.... And I try to save (from an older backup)...using AxeEdits Cab Manager.. and though it goes through the motions, no save. Bugger.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Oh I'm updating (and talking about) the XL+ - haven't done the MKII.
<Update> I just tried loading a single cab using fractalbot - Once again it appears to work fine, but the cab does not save.
Pauly
I had a major issue when upgrading to 18 like this. I upgraded to 18B and use AE to make some changes. Showed up to rehearsal and every preset I saved using AE was blank! Further more I use global blocks so the other 30+ presets I had had the amps messed up! I was crushed. The next day I went to restore from a back up I had done it wouldn't work...nothing had backed up. Luckly I had an old csv file I exported with my setting a dew weeks early and I was manually able to mostly restore my 4 amps. After that day I will never us AE with a Beta again.

Note that I never have a problem using the front panel but I was dealing with a large # of presets (10+) in very short time period so I AE was the best choice for the task (in that case it ended up being the worst choice for the task)

So anyone heard when the production version will be released? Really want to try out the new stuff but prefer to use AxeEdit for tweaking. Going to wait till release but it's killin' me...

So anyone heard when the production version will be released? Really want to try out the new stuff but prefer to use AxeEdit for tweaking. Going to wait till release but it's killin' me...

Nobody knows but the folks in Charge. It's hard to speculate on a particular date.

If you have a Mark I or II, you can also save your presets on the Axe itself...don't have to worry about your files on your computer being corrupted.

Errrr, that's "rocket science"... But, I agree with the rest :D

Actually, that is a fairly common phrase - mixing "rocket science" and "brain surgery"...

Because people often say:

it's not rocket science!

Or:

It's not brain surgery!

So some people have taken to saying:

It's not rocket surgery!

You're welcome [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can use Edit right now, the only thing you can't adjust there is the dephase setting.

Actually, that is a fairly common phrase - mixing "rocket science" and "brain surgery"...

it's not rocket science!

Or:

It's not brain surgery!

It's not rocket surgery!

You're welcome [emoji2]

Thanks for the explanation. Understanding these colloquialisms clearly isn't Brain Science after all.

Wish you would bring back the IRC chat, I enjoyed that part of your site:)

i really liked it too! unfortunately i needed to remove it for a few different reasons.

that said, the chat on my Twitch.tv channel is always active. i've been keeping my IRC program open when i can to monitor it, but i'm not sure people know about it.

my main struggle these days is finding time to dedicate to this again, as i had to make some big changes to my schedule lately.

i'm probably going to announce it today, but i'm going to do a "Forum Friday's" stream every Friday, starting around 12pm California/Pacific time. that's 9am for me, and about the earliest i can start. i will just go through posts on the forum and see if i can answer and demonstrate the questions i find. of course i'll be there to answer questions from everyone in the chat as well.

thanks for your support!

now back to FW 20 Beta :p

i really liked it too! unfortunately i needed to remove it for a few different reasons.

that said, the chat on my Twitch.tv channel is always active. i've been keeping my IRC program open when i can to monitor it, but i'm not sure people know about it.

my main struggle these days is finding time to dedicate to this again, as i had to make some big changes to my schedule lately.

i'm probably going to announce it today, but i'm going to do a "Forum Friday's" stream every Friday, starting around 12pm California/Pacific time. that's 9am for me, and about the earliest i can start. i will just go through posts on the forum and see if i can answer and demonstrate the questions i find. of course i'll be there to answer questions from everyone in the chat as well.

thanks for your support!

now back to FW 20 Beta :p

I Did not know about it!!!! I will have to make my way over there, you and I were talking about our Majesty's if you remember, and watching others go in and out in silence hahah but yeah man good times bro!!!!!

it's not rocket science!

Or:

It's not brain surgery!

It's not rocket surgery!

You're welcome [emoji2]

Thanks for the education from an old schooler. We still think multitasking is holding a screw driver in both hands... :mrgreen

View beta, the same way your mom views experimenting 2 weeks before the holidays, on a new dessert. She brings it out to you and your dad to try, and to offer your opinion of what is good or bad with it. You eat it off a napkin.

Fast forward 2 weeks to the holiday. Your mom has cleaned the whole house, set the table with the good dishes, prepared a full meal, and brings the dessert out on a glass covered platter. There will be no one eating the dessert off a napkin whilst sitting on the couch. Everyone will be at the formal dining room table.

And so it is with beta firmware. It is down and dirty without the usual, formal trappings of the actual released firmware.

Thank you....and can you please pass me the gravy?

So you're saying that I have to wear pants when it's released? That's BS dude, no one makes me wear pants.

Back
Top Bottom