Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

Anyone else getting glacially slow usb transfer of the update?

Fractal-Bot V 2.0.8 (and with previous version I had) Mac OS 10.10.4
2x2.26 ghz quad-core intel Xeon, 3gig available ram

Rebooted axe-fx, updated to latest Frac-Bot, no difference

Did you leave USB adapter = "On" on the AxeFx?
It's always been "off"
Whether USB adapter is on or off, axe-fx processes midi coming into the USB from fractal bot "axe-fx midi out" port. The "on" function is only for forwarding the signal to the midi through. That's why I've always had it off.

Just for fun though, I switched it to "on" and there was no change.

Absolutely loving 20Beta!!
I tend to go for tones that translate to multiple pickups, respond well to volume roll-back and have a clear, but gutsy quality. This usually meant fairly deep editing for me, in order to accommodate a variety of playing styles. With FW20, I really didn't have to go deep to get even better results than before. So dynamic!
Thank you Cliff & Co.!

I upgraded yesterday and played a bit. It sounded great and I did not have to touch the presets. Keep'm coming.

I upgraded the other day and tried it out at band rehearsal last night. Everything sounded great except my AC30 preset. It might just need a hair less gain now. Does it make sense that the preamp changes would gain that amp up slightly?

I upgraded the other day and tried it out at band rehearsal last night. Everything sounded great except my AC30 preset. It might just need a hair less gain now. Does it make sense that the preamp changes would gain that amp up slightly?

I'd say the changes in the cathode follower very well could change it slightly.

Same here, ac30 presets got a little crunchier

It's always been "off"
Whether USB adapter is on or off, axe-fx processes midi coming into the USB from fractal bot "axe-fx midi out" port. The "on" function is only for forwarding the signal to the midi through. That's why I've always had it off.

Just for fun though, I switched it to "on" and there was no change.

Oh well, was worth a shot... when I've left it on by accident it's very painful. Bank file that would normally load in a minute or two with it off will take 20 minutes when it's on (ouch)

How solid is this Beta? I never upgraded to 19 because I had no time to tweak should the g3 drives have changed my sound. I have 1 hr to make adjustments if need be starting at 6:30 est if I update but if the beta is not solid I won't do it. I have always been un update and go guy but the changes to the drives coupled with me being so busy had me hold off

How solid is this Beta? I never upgraded to 19 because I had no time to tweak should the g3 drives have changed my sound. I have 1 hr to make adjustments if need be starting at 6:30 est if I update but if the beta is not solid I won't do it. I have always been un update and go guy but the changes to the drives coupled with me being so busy had me hold off

The beta is solid but if you only have an hour my advice is: find another way to spend it.

The beta is solid but if you only have an hour my advice is: find another way to spend it.

Lol I really have no tweak time ever. It is usually random 60/90 min every once in a blue. I did update and the tone def changed on my ac20 dlx with bb pre engaged. It is a combo of g3 drive plus change to modeling that is making the difference. The tone is still useable but I will need to mess with it to get it over to where it was when I get the chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the lag time that was reported changing Scenes? Still there, or are we back to smooth fast transitions?

Was this recently reported? The first post of this thread speaks of reduced lag. Talking about that?

The 50 watt Jumped Plexi is now the bee's balls.

And is it just me, or do some amps respond better to this firmware update better than others? Some are slightly changed, and some just pop out to me as 'wow!' The Jumped Plexi, the 5153 Blue are wow, and the HBE/BE seem to have slight changes and seem a little...not as stunning as before. Still good mind you...

The 50 watt Jumped Plexi is now the bee's balls.

And is it just me, or do some amps respond better to this firmware update better than others? Some are slightly changed, and some just pop out to me as 'wow!' The Jumped Plexi, the 5153 Blue are wow, and the HBE/BE seem to have slight changes and seem a little...not as stunning as before. Still good mind you...

I havent tried those models with the new FW but I guess it cant be expected that the more accurate the model becomes, the better it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom