Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

I'm back to FW 19.0.0,only problems with my user-cab's in Axe-Edit (3.2) under 20 Beta...it's not possible to import and save my cab's and cabpacks...and my Ownhammer's (CabPack 3) no longer recognised as cabs. I wait for the official release from FW 20 and a update to Axe-Edit 3.3 or whatever.

Just loaded FW 20p00beta1 for the XL+, and using Axe Edit 3.2. When I go to Axe Manage Cabs and open, I still only see 512 cab slots plus four additional slots labeled as "S001, S002, S003, S004" which are perhaps scratchpad locations. Are the additional cab slots dependent on an upcoming Axe Edit release?

Just loaded FW 20p00beta1 for the XL+, and using Axe Edit 3.2. When I go to Axe Manage Cabs and open, I still only see 512 cab slots plus four additional slots labeled as "S001, S002, S003, S004" which are perhaps scratchpad locations. Are the additional cab slots dependent on an upcoming Axe Edit release?

New firmware updates have almost always required a new Edit version. This is a Beta, so even more so.

They will be there in the Axe-FX itself (go to the cab block, hit edit, scroll), but yeah a new Axe-Edit version will be needed to also show them there.

Last edited:

Yes.

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but is there a way (in the works down the line if not already here) to have axe edit be MIDI controlled to scroll thru the cab slots, or even do a timed autoscroll, ( I interpreted the waiting 15 seconds mentioned above to mean the software could be set, or a footswitch could be used? ) Using the space bar or arrow is a bit different, although it is useful anyway of course. It does interrupt the improvisation, just only a wee bit, especially if Rory Gallagher were noodling (you call it what u want, I call it messin' with the keys. ). I do hate giving power to keys on my PC keyboard (and deeply reject the idea that mice have rights and liberties) after years of office work and programming.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but is there a way (in the works down the line if not already here) to have axe edit be MIDI controlled to scroll thru the cab slots, or even do a timed autoscroll, ( I interpreted the waiting 15 seconds mentioned above to mean the software could be set, or a footswitch could be used? ) Using the space bar or arrow is a bit different, although it is useful anyway of course. It does interrupt the improve, just slightly. I hate giving power to keys on my PC keyboard (and deeply reject the idea that mice have rights and liberties) after years of office work and programming.

I could have sworn AlGrenadine's little auditioner tool did nearly exactly this: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...fxsend-tiny-tool-auditioning-irs-presets.html --- every X seconds it loads the next cab. I think it loads to scratchpad though...

Not sure if it matters much, but I notice a lag when changing patches by MIDI. The sound changes immediately but the Axe-FX screen takes about 1 second to show the new patch name & number. Maybe only on some patches, I'll test some more tonight.

Of course what really matters is it sounds SO good!

This was always the case as far as I remember. To opimize the switching time the display is updated only after the new patch is loaded.

Not sure if it matters much, but I notice a lag when changing patches by MIDI. The sound changes immediately but the Axe-FX screen takes about 1 second to show the new patch name & number. Maybe only on some patches, I'll test some more tonight.

Of course what really matters is it sounds SO good!

That's normal if the CPU usage is high. A bunch of stuff goes on in the background during a patch change. Priority was placed on doing the audio switch. After the audio switch the rest of the stuff runs when the processor is free. Finally the display is updated.

That's normal if the CPU usage is high. A bunch of stuff goes on in the background during a patch change. Priority was placed on doing the audio switch. After the audio switch the rest of the stuff runs when the processor is free. Finally the display is updated.

Cool thx Cliff. Just wanted to report it in case it was unknown and mattered.

Thanks yet again for your dedicated work, I'm really loving what I'm hearing :)

Thanks FAS!

It seems with many of the latest updates that each time at least a dozen amps or presets that may not have caught me ear previously all of the sudden sound utterly fantastic.

New firmware updates have almost always required a new Edit version. This is a Beta, so even more so.

Looks like the extra cab slots are there but come up as additional factory slots instead of user slots with the current Edit.
My User cab #1 is now F160 and the rest follow on as factory slots, then my user cab slots are empty.

I'm assuming the next version of AxeEdit will redifine those slots, does that sound about right?

My presets are still applying the correct cab, so its all good with my current patches anyway.

I just installed FW 20 on my XL. In previous versions I noticed that the SAG parameter was cutting the volume down to 1/3 when using with a Matrix and a 412 cabinet. (I started shutting it off). That seems to have corrected itself with FW 20. Was I doing something wrong? The amp tones are much more lively with the SAG engaged.

Back
Top Bottom