Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

Would it be possible to convert preset storage on a Mark I/II model into storage for more user cabs? I would happily exchange 128 presets for 100+ additional user cabs...
Thanks.

I think it's a different spot for memory usage, or so I think I've read.

Great job FAS.
Post update, a decent proportion of my 40+ presets needed a volume adjustment on the VU's. They're all stull sounding great (or better actually). Not a problem thanks to the VU's, Just wondered if anyone else noticed this too.

FAS sells cab packs........

....also to Mk2 and Mk1 users.... ;) It was not ment to complain, it was all said in a good manner

No, the question remains: Who needs that much variations. Why do you buy cab packs? In hope to find a few IRs which you like, or just as a nice to have them if you might need them someday or they give you the freedom because you think you would own all these tones for just 24.95$?

I bought Cab Pack 1 and 2 in 2013 - I'm not yet done with it and still enjoy some of these IRs for my sounds. So do I need more of them? Maybe....but to be honest. I'm not feeling freedom with +100 different files each cabinet pack which should being the fundament of my tones. The IR is the most important piece in the signal chain, that is something you can read in here all the time - it's your fundament, the basis. You'll build your tone on to it....

So what I search is an IR or technology who can give you a great basic speaker tone, which you can alter not by using +500 files, instead of having just a handful of it and technologies such as Dephase and other Inventions that help you altering the tone. Glad to have Dephase on board.... :D

best
P

Last edited:
Us 80's metal guys need that many because we virtually "stack" them into a large wall like the hair metal bands did in the good o' days. :)

A hologram projection beam from the rear panel that displays an image of your selected rig, would be a nice addition. I'd like to SEE the monster that's crammed into my little box. I can design it, and FEEL it. Next level would be to SEE it. Just a simple "flux capacitor" thing. Cliff's next 2am revelation.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/102388-increase-user-cabs-512-768-a.html

Personally I only use a handful but I have every slot loaded for easy auditioning. It's much faster to load a few hundred and then audition directly than audition one at a time.

Can't this be done with Axe-Edit or Al's free software (well worth donating a few bucks of course) ?

When I buy a cab pack I unzip the folder on my PC, then tell the software I want to audition through all the IR's in that folder, usually do 10 or 20 seconds for each file first time around, and then the software automatically loads the next one for me. If its one that catches my ear, I can either hit a key and "tag" it or just look and see what it is and usually remember. This way I can keep my hands on my guitar and not need to keep reaching over to turn a knob.

Certainly no method is more correct than another, but as an Axe II owner with limited slots, and someone who's probably spent a few weeks salary on all the cab packs from Fractal, OH etc, I've never felt the least bit limited in my ability to audition IR's with the existing number of user slots.

Back
Top Bottom