Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

The first thing I thought when I started it up was that the FAS Modern 2 preset I had loaded felt more 'bouncy' or 'soft' or something. All in a very pleasing way.

The first thing I thought when I started it up was that the FAS Modern 2 preset I had loaded felt more 'bouncy' or 'soft' or something. All in a very pleasing way.

Yeah, to me it sound, feels "squishier", but not in a good way. It's actually fairly pleasing on my bridge pickup, but makes lower string stuff sound "mushy" on my neck pickup. And higher gain stuff sounds a bit "smeary"?!? Anyway, this is just my "played around with it for a few minutes impression. I'll have to do some more in-depth a-b'ing tonight to see if I'm just imagining things.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Yeah, to me it sound, feels "squisier", but not in a good way. It's actually fairly pleasing on my bridge pickup, but makes lower string stuff sound "mushy" on my neck pickup. And higher gain stuff sounds a bit "smeary"?!? Anyway, this is just my "played around with it for a few minutes impression. I'll have to do some more in-depth a-b'ing tonight to see if I'm just imagining things.
-
Austin

Try resetting the amp and cab blocks.

Try resetting the amp and cab blocks.
Already did it with the amp block, Haven't done anything with the cab block yet. I played it a bit more before leaving for work and it sounded better once I cranked the volume a bit, so it's possible it was just my imagination. Still, I'll probably revert back to the 19.01 beta to verify/disprove what I'm hearing.
-
Austin

On hardware or in Axe-Edit/Cab-Lab?

My Scratchpad issue happened when trying to use Cab-Lab and selecting a Scratchpad via Axe-Edit.

I understand that Axe-Edit hasn't been updated yet (which typically doesn't affect basic functions with new FW), so I was curious if mine was an isolated issue or if anyone else had a similar experience.

My Scratchpad issue happened when trying to use Cab-Lab and selecting a Scratchpad via Axe-Edit.

I understand that Axe-Edit hasn't been updated yet (which typically doesn't affect basic functions with new FW), so I was curious if mine was an isolated issue or if anyone else had a similar experience.

Same here. Cab-Lab is not sending to any of the Scratchpad locations.

Thanks Cliff and team! Such a cool feeling I bet when you have such epiphanies and make this thing that much better. Must be very satisfying to work on something like that!

Hopefully I can update soon! too many gigs, still on early 19 beta here. Thank you!

wow!...
when i think all the debate about the price of the Axe... can't stop loughing!!
Whit the Axe you get thebest sounding box on the planet... all the amps... the fxs... the cabs.... AND also ... the GENIUS behind all this!!!

Cliff, after the firmware update I see + 512 Cab Slots with the letter F and while the User Cabs with the letter U still left 512. So it should be?

Gotta love the "epiphany" releases. Upgraded from 19Gn to 20. First impression without any tweaking is that model clarity / feel is improved, and I'm getting a bit more of an "in the room" sound on my default patches. CPU ticked up slightly (about 1 %). I don't feel any additional lag in patch / scene / x-y switching.

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom