Axe-Fx II Firmware 20.00 Public Beta

Lol my Axe Edit is so confused on what to do with the additional 512 Cabs rofl. It like combined them in a weird order but luckily still keeps whatever I had previously selected (lists all the old User Cabs as Factory). Doesnt affect anything as far as the selection process goes but can't wait for the axe edit update now haha.

I love how everything sounds, but my Scratchpads aren't working anymore. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

It really sounds great, Cliff. The JMP-1 is absolutely spot on!

Added four “JMPre-1” models based on a Marshall JMP-1 rack preamp. The existing “Brit Pre” model was not changed as it is used by several prominent “A-list” artists. Instead, four new models were added. The models with “BS” in the name indicate that the Bass Shift function is engaged. Note that the model defaults to the power amp simulation active. The power amp model is based on a typical Marshall 100W power amp of that era.
Cliff, I love you for this :lol I assume they are G3'd already?

Last edited:
Chewy mid-gain tones—the kind where you can feel your fingers squeezing out the notes—are some of my favorites. The new cathode follower modeling really brings that out.

Remember a few firmwares ago, when people were posting things like, "Now that the modeling is pretty much as good as it can get..."?

...Remember a few firmwares ago, when people were posting things like, "Now that the modeling is pretty much as good as it can get..."?

I know, right? I'm amazed with the progress my Axe-Fx has seen in the 8 or 9 months I've owned it, and look forward to seeing what the next 8 or 9 months bring.

I love how everything sounds, but my Scratchpads aren't working anymore. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

I installed 20.00 Beta then changed the dephase on the cab block to 2 on a preset I use as a template and saved it. I then bought Cab Pack 8 and tried to audition some of the new cabs through Axe Edit Cab Manage and couldn't get any sound at all through the Scratchpad. I turned the dephase back to 0 and then I was able to audition the new Cabs through the Scratchpad like usual. When I was done I turned dephase back to 2 and re-saved the preset.

Added “Dephase” control to Cabinet block. This parameter controls a sophisticated process that removes the “phasiness” from IRs and can yield a more “in the room” experience. Note that the processing required is extreme and the control can have some lag. No extra CPU usage or audio latency, however, is incurred.

How does "Dephase" relate to the "Min Phase" processing in Cab-Lab? Is "Dephase" 10 the same processing Cab-Lab performs?

I noticed that IRs in Cab Pack 14 (and others) are not already "Min Phase". Does batch processing the IRs in Cab-Lab to create "Min Phase" SYSX files effectively burn in the "Dephase"?

In the case of a Stereo Ultra-Res cab block with two user cabs, is it desirable to have them be "Min Phase" as a starting point?

Thanks!

How does "Dephase" relate to the "Min Phase" processing in Cab-Lab? Is "Dephase" 10 the same processing Cab-Lab performs?

I noticed that IRs in Cab Pack 14 (and others) are not already "Min Phase". Does batch processing the IRs in Cab-Lab to create "Min Phase" SYSX files effectively burn in the "Dephase"?

In the case of a Stereo Ultra-Res cab block with two user cabs, is it desirable to have them be "Min Phase" as a starting point?

Thanks!

Min Phase and De-Phase are very different things.

Had an epiphany late last week...

attachment.php

Just tried it. My sounds lost some hardness, got a bit more snap in the midrange and sing easier. Yummy! I love that!

Back
Top Bottom