Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.01 Public Beta (1)

"Added “Dephase” control to Cabinet block. This parameter controls a sophisticated process that removes the “phasiness” from IRs and can yield a more “in the room” experience. Note that the processing required is extreme and the control can have some lag and this will also add slightly to preset change time."

So much for Kemper having something unique that requires a patent. :D

i'd love to know what the Dephase is actually doing. i tried setting it to 10, then 7.5, then settled on 5 for almost any cab i tried with any amp. 2.5 was a bit too subtle, but still had a difference from 0.

i'm probably reading into it, but things just felt more "aligned" and well... dephased! i'm not sure i got more "in the room" feel, but it definitely felt and sounded better. lows were tighter, highs were nice, and it felt more together.

try setting it to 5.00 - what do you guys think? i want to change it in all my presets now!

...Dephase... it definitely felt and sounded better. lows were tighter, highs were nice, and it felt more together.

try setting it to 5.00 - what do you guys think?
Dephase is wonderful. A setting of 5.00 works very well, within a pretty broad range. Tweak to taste, as always.

Set it more aggressively to make headphones a whole new experience.

Tried the dephase at 10 on a clean and hi-gain preset.
Heard what I can only assume was God himself.
Is this normal?
This is going into every preset now.

Cliff- next thing to do is give me a way to default every preset I make with dephase at 10, EQ set to "5 band passive," and "Preamp tube type" set to "long plate."
It's just wishful thinking, but you'd save me a LOT of time because I tend to start my presets from scratch almost every time I fire up the Axe-Fx, unless I'm performing.

Has any one else had any trouble with auto audition in cab lab freezing up since 19.1 Beta update? axe edit also but figured that was because it is not updated. axe fx Xl freezes and I have to reboot to get it to function.

Ok doesn't happen if de phase is off(0) but if on freezes up when scratch pad is selected so far every time I have tried(about 10x)

I've just listened to Chris's demo of the Dephase parameter, and it sounds as if it (somehow) reduces excessive comb filtering (for lack of a more accurate term) in an IR. From what I've heard so far, this parameter might save a countless number of IRs that I've given up on due to the excessive "comby" character they have. I have no idea how this is possible. I've been using the Palmer IR blended to achieve a poor man's version of this new parameter. I won't be able to try it until tomorrow, but I have a feeling this parameter is going to be of extreme importance to me.

I also suspect that the best setting will depend on the IR in question.

I've just listened to Chris's demo of the Dephase parameter, and it sounds as if it (somehow) reduces excessive comb filtering (for lack of a more accurate term) in an IR. From what I've heard so far, this parameter might save a countless number of IRs that I've given up on due to the excessive "comby" character they have. I have no idea how this is possible. I've been using the Palmer IR blended to achieve a poor man's version of this new parameter. I won't be able to try it until tomorrow, but I have a feeling this parameter is going to be of extreme importance to me.

I also suspect that the best setting will depend on the IR in question.

That's kinda what it does. It's something I've been actually working on for a couple years.

Tried the dephase at 10 on a clean and hi-gain preset.
Heard what I can only assume was God himself.
Is this normal?
This is going into every preset now.

Cliff- next thing to do is give me a way to default every preset I make with dephase at 10, EQ set to "5 band passive," and "Preamp tube type" set to "long plate."
It's just wishful thinking, but you'd save me a LOT of time because I tend to start my presets from scratch almost every time I fire up the Axe-Fx, unless I'm performing.

I actually think Long Plate should be default. It's what I usually use.

Back
Top Bottom