Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

Just tried 19beta2. There's definitely more "wallop" in the lowend. Palm mutes seem to have more force and impact. I needed to back away my pickup a little because it was too meaty haha. Awesome problem to have :)

Funny you mention that ! I did the same :)

I think Iam the only one didn't like 19, it feels and reacts complete different as 18, "Clarity" i didnt found anyway..think I go back for the First Time ever sry to say

But I give it a few more hours of tweaking tomorrow

Then in my Re-amped track, same preset, Update amp defaults only ,19 sounds better more AIR in the Highs and Grrr in the lower notes, I think I need to spend some time again with the new fw

Not sure if this is a new feature or not, I have checked through the release notes. When you have a scene controller set to a value, that value is now reflected in the block. Previously, if I remember correctly, it just sat there on a random value. The change is very cool.

By the way, loving the Micro Amp!

Last edited:
Micro amp is very nice! Perfect for "more!" Also I haven't noticed presence shift before in Usa models, but I don't use them so I don't know if that's been here before.

I have to say, my band seemed to notice the update to v19. They commented on my lead tone. I'm not sure if that is from the G3 or the OD I am using or the amp (BB Preamp and JTM45). One thing I did notice the some lushness of some of my open chords during
one of the songs. It smoother and seemed to flow more. I did have my guitars setup as well and changed my higher strings to a little lighter gauge. Whatever it was Axefx or all the above it was an inspiring practice playing the Axefx.

Do anyone have a good thread about setting levels? I am having a hard time getting levels that I like without peaking or clipping. My amps sound nice but I need my clean tones to come up more, they are back a bit too far. Turning them up I am starting to clip. My plan is to lower the gain patchs and leave the cleans as they are. I heard there are two ways to turn them down, one is the master volume but I also recall another way. I was hoping to keep everything in place but lower the overall volume of each patch.

thanks

great work Cliff and team. I can't wait for all the contents to get G3'd :mrgreen

Do anyone have a good thread about setting levels? I am having a hard time getting levels that I like without peaking or clipping. My amps sound nice but I need my clean tones to come up more, they are back a bit too far. Turning them up I am starting to clip. My plan is to lower the gain patchs and leave the cleans as they are.
Your best bet is to level all your presets. That will make them all play well together, and it'll give you a solid platform for patches you create in the future.

Use the Axe's VU meter to set each preset to 0. That will get you close, and give you plenty of headroom for fine-tuning your levels.

Jammed for a good solid 4 hours at live levels yesterday with the Vibrochamp and the Tape Dist. Too much fun, gets really stringy and/or woody when you dig the pick in. I love this box.

YEHHHHHH!!!!! Got my EPROM today, reset my Axe-FX, and tried out 19B.2, and it's good. I had to balance out the overall patch levels again, (something I check for every update) but I didn't have to do anything else. The two patches with drives sounded a bit more "drive-y" not sure what it is, but it's good. The amps sounded pretty much as I remember for 19b.1, but that's not a big deal, since they already sounded pretty damn nice. I might play with reseting a couple of them just to see if it does anything good for me. I'm probably gonna leave things along after the final, cause we are going to start gigging again, hopefully, next week.

....Also I haven't noticed presence shift before in Usa models, but I don't use them so I don't know if that's been here before.

That feature was added in FW 17.00.

From the release notes:

A “Presence Shift” switch has been added to certain “USA” amp models (those based on amps with a “Pull Shift” on the Presence knob). This switch is found under the Presence control and replicates the behavior when the Presence knob is pulled out on these amps. Note that the behavior of this switch is authentic and may result in volume reduction when active since the negative feedback is increased which lowers the loop gain.

To my ears 19.b2 sounds darker and not as clear as 18.12. My cleans don't sound as sweet or clear. Some of the Marshalls sound better but not as clear to me. Anyways, I think this is the right thread to report our findings for this beta version.

To my ears 19.b2 sounds darker and not as clear as 18.12. My cleans don't sound as sweet or clear. Some of the Marshalls sound better but not as clear to me. Anyways, I think this is the right thread to report our findings for this beta version.

Did you adjust anything or just use old presets as is?

Back
Top Bottom