Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

I didn't tell anyone but this beta has some amp modeling improvements. I wanted to see if anyone noticed. I guess they did.

You won´t believe how near we get to our Speakers to hear EVERYTHING which you´ve done.........:mrgreen

I made a comparison, because I wasn´t satisfied with 19beta1 - and so many - too many - tried to believe that the amps Sound better than in 18.xxx.

If you haven´´t seen yet:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...mparison-fw-18-10-fw-19beta2.html#post1203714

I didn't tell anyone but this beta has some amp modeling improvements. I wanted to see if anyone noticed. I guess they did.

I didn't get to install the first beta19 but did this one. Everything sounds amazing! I noticed in my main patches that the character of the amps has gotten more distinct, at least to my ears. Feel is better than ever too. Thanks Cliff :)

Are you serious??! I couldn't get my hands off from my guitar yesterday because everything sounded so good after updating! More raw, more... something, what ever. Sounds really good!

Well, I thought I noticed there is some slight room reflection going on, so I checked all my cabs and nope no room dialed in. I still hear. Not that it is bad, it is just noticeable, at least when playing with headphones. I wonder if that is the change Cliff was reffering to...

oh well, on the other note - the drives are so cool now, I think I am going to melt, ... wait, that doesn´t make sense ..., or do I? muahahahah ...

anyway thanks for the update Cliff, you rock as always. :)

cheers

J.

Cliff was referring to amp modeling changes, nothing that would introduce any type of room reflections...

I hadn't exactly heard a difference in the amps, but I sure have spent a lot of time with the JTM45 and the tone bender since 19 beta 2. I'd have to go back to the vox and tweed style amps to really notice a difference, but I can't pry myself away from my new favorite rig now.

Jan

My PROM should arrive Thursday, mail delivers around 5pm, so the most ironic final release time and date of FW19 is...

Kidding, but that's usually my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing beats 18.12 thru my tube power amp and 4x12's.

beta 2 is better. I skipped beta 1, and went from 18.12 straight to beta 2 yesterday. Spent 3 hours tracking. Sounded better than 18.12.

I use cab modeling, and record via USB. I plug into PA's with the XLR outs.

Your mileage may vary.

Late to the party. Just tried this beta on a guitar I made who's pickups were in jeopardy of being swapped out. WOW. This FW sounds amazing. In fact every FW sounds amazing. Now I don't have to swap pickups. Never had any complaints with FAS.

Ha.. silly me.

From 18.12 to 19, the amps sound unbelievable. Can't quite place what it is, but a lot of the issues I was having that took me a while to tame when making a preset, now are just immediately perfect.

Back
Top Bottom