Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

I'd have to open up Axe-edit to get the specific names of stuff, but on the simple side try switching out preamps, try setting the bias too hot, or even crazier, attach an LFO to some random pentameter, you can get really weird if you try. Our current songs were written well before we owned the Axe, so they don't use much on the crazy side, but I'm in the process of writing some new material and I'm definitely gonna use some of the deeper strangeness available when it's time to program patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to open up Axe-edit to get the specific names of stuff, but on the simple side try switching out preamps, try setting the bias too hot, or even crazier, attach an LFO to some random pentameter, you can get really weird if you try. Our current songs were written well before we owned the Axe, so they don't use much on the crazy side, but I'm in the process of writing some new material and I'm definitely gonna use some of the deeper strangeness available when it's time to program patches.

Once you do, consider posting patches to the exchange if you have some time/inclination; I am sure people other than myself will be interested. Thanks.

Also, I'd speculate that the reason Cliff doesn't use this as an advertising point is because it runs contrary to what the average user is looking for in a modeler. I'd take a bet that your average guitar player is looking for accurate, and not experimentally weird sounds.

What useful behavior can you do with the amp block that literally CAN'T be done in the real world or with traditional gear combined with another product?
For a start: you can run electricity-related parameters at extremes that the real world doesn't allow you to do. Sag, AC current, biases, etc. can all be pushed to the point where in-real-life amps would literally melt or brown out. That doesn't mean the extremes will sound good, but they are there for you to experiment if you desire.

Also, you can do things without amps and cabs altogether with great ease:

Patch: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2864

Last edited:
Consider posting patches to the exchange if you have some time/inclination; I am sure people other than myself are interested. Thanks.

If I have some time I'll throw something together, my current patches wouldn't do anyone any good at the moment, since at the moment my bassists and I share an axe, but the stuff we are currently doing isn't all that weird on the Axe side. I built a couple of non-existent amps with these songs, but nothing special, so I'll have to program something fun.

Thanks guys this is cool info; maybe we could even start a thresad in the presets section if you guys have some presets, tips and tricks for people who might be willing to dig in to pushing the amp model blocks beyond the real.

Video clip ... or it doesn't happen! ;)

Well I didn't video it, but back in the 90's my JCM800 let out the magic smoke one time. Lucky me, my dad could fix it, but yeah, that was me trying to get it do things it's wasn't designed to do.

I cooked an EHX Big Muff one time too, but it sounded awesome for like 30 seconds!

Reactions: Rex
Well I didn't video it, but back in the 90's my JCM800 let out the magic smoke one time. Lucky me, my dad could fix it, but yeah, that was me trying to get it do things it's wasn't designed to do.

Best sounding amp I ever owned was a bone stock '72 100W Marshall Super Bass ... with a *slight* electrical issue ... that knocked out an entire house party in the early 90s. The last thing my buddy who borrowed it remembered was a bright blue arc passing from his lips to the mic stand and the first thing he recalled upon waking up on the floor in the dark was my cautioning him that would happen if he touched anyone or anything while plugged into it. But sometimes they just sound too good to repair (or at least that was my rationalization). :mrgreen

The last thing my buddy who borrowed it remembered was a bright blue arc passing from his lips to the mic stand and the first thing he recalled upon waking up on the floor in the dark was my cautioning him that would happen if he touched anyone or anything while plugged into it.
And that's why modern amps have a third prong on the power plug—and why you should never defeat it with a cheater plug or a pair of cutters. Your buddy is lucky he woke up at all.

Did something change with the Blankenship Leeds from 18.12 to 19b2? Seems like it lost its 'balls'... Like it lost a gain stage or something.. I could be totally crazy though

In the microwave or oven ?

Incorrectly done AC mod. It was a bit before you could easily find that kind of stuff on the Internet, (it was still mostly pages of text, and chat rooms) so I went off of a friends drawing who "claimed" they had done it too. I was still a teenager.

Back
Top Bottom