Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

What i did was, a backup first (always!), but I've moved all factory presets to banks D, E, F. I use Bank A for live performance and banks B & D to move my "development" presets around. This way I can point the FractalBot installer to banks D/E/F without the "oops" of overwriting my presets. This works well also because I have different preset groupings for each guitar and there's about four I rotate around gigs.

I delete 1-100 and reserve for my presets use. For 100-150 I use Manage Presets (in Axe Edit under Tools menu) to load all of Yeks FW 18 Presets. Then at 200 I again use Manage Presets to load ALL the Factory Banks.

in the I/O CTRL menu, both WAH X/Y were set to PEDAL.

was this caused by 18.03?

i believe they should be set to 118 and 119, respectively.

Last edited:
major huge note guys:

installing Factory Banks will REPLACE YOUR CURRENT PRESETS!

a Bank file is a group of 128 presets, so presets 1-128, 129-256, 256-384.

if you use Fractal-Bot to install a Bank file, it will instantly, immediately replace any presets within those ranges. however, you can use Axe-Edit to open the banks on your computer, then view the presets and choose what you want and where you want to put them, or you can audition them before even loading them onto the Axe.

watch this video to learn how: Axe-Manage in Axe-Edit - Axe-Fx II

always ALWAYS backup your unit FIRST with Fractal-Bot, regardless.

That was a great video Chris!!! I use to play around with the old Axe manage but in the newer Axe edit I was afraid to mess with it. Glad there is a dot because I have problems with green and red. Color blindness messes with me on the MFC also. Thanks again for the great info!!!

there are more to go. the release notes for 18.03 didn't mention any updates, so they probably didn't happen. FAS already re-did 160 amps from the ground up! that's so much work!

here is a complete list of G3'd vs non-G3'd amps: G3'd Amps as of Firmware 18.01 - 160 G3'd Amps! | AxeFxTutorials.com

Thanks, Chris!

The work they do is nothing short of amazing, not just the technology (which in and of itself would be enough), but their enthusiam in supporting their customers is like nothing i have EVER experienced in all my years of playing.....

Kinda restores your faith in things :)

someone else confirmed that his Wah XY settings were set to Pedal after updating to 18.03, so i updated my article with info about that:

Possible Bug
When I installed 18.03, I had 18.01 installed previously, so I’m not sure if this affects everyone. In the I/O-CTRL menu on the Front Panel of the Axe-Fx II, the CC#s for Wah 1 X/Y and Wah 2 X/Y were both set to Pedal. These are supposed to be set to 118 and 119, respectively. A System Reset in the Utility menu will fix this and put them to default values, but it will reset much more than just that. So I recommend simply setting these values manually. Just scroll to the entries at the very end of the list, and spin the Value wheel on the Front Panel till Wah 1 X/Y is set to 118 and Wah 2 X/Y is set to 119.

MIDI communication, such as using the MFC-101, may not work correctly if these are set to Pedal.

ZopuJNJl.jpg

after loading 18.03, the wrong values, both Wah X/Y set to PEDAL

tCltCzCl.jpg

after setting it manually (or a system reset)

Hey Cliff & Co.

Go rest and get well. Thanks for cranking out the goods in short order. But really, go take a few days off and ... unplug. ;)

I had not gone thru factory preset auditioning in some time but did so today after loading the new ones.

Wow! - What a nice sounding collection! Really well balanced and each enjoyable to play.

Congrats to all the FAS folks! 18 really raises the bar all-round. Great accomplishment. Hope you get to take a little break now.

Interesting... not only are the Wahs set to Pedal, but Rotary 1&2 (just above wah) are set to 118/119. I haven't plugged my MFC in since upgrading; I'll want to check that everything is working properly.

Thanks Chris!

Back
Top Bottom