Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

Downloaded and brought in the presets fresh and wow......I sold about 12 effects pedals to pay for this two yrs ago and it has been the best thing I ever did - since actually picking up an guitar aged 13 yrs.
Last half of that should be on the "kudos" page.

Silly question probably but I've never installed a bunch of presets before - can you choose where they will go when installing? I have my user patches in slots 1-50ish and don't want to overwrite them.

Silly question probably but I've never installed a bunch of presets before - can you choose where they will go when installing? I have my user patches in slots 1-50ish and don't want to overwrite them.

There are 4 files. Bank A,B,C or all banks. What I do whenever there is a factory patch update, is I create a subfolder in my axefx presets folder with the date in the name of the folder. I then export all my presets (Typically 12-25) one at a time (Select preset then CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-X to export) into that folder. That way I can do an all banks restore and then just replace my presets one at a time as needed. I'll often just recreate them from scratch as well since most tend to be basic "amp-cab-reverb" presets anyways.

There is probably a more streamlined or automated way to do this, but that is the process I use.

So you could probably restore B and C without affecting your presets, but think of it as an opportunity to backup and streamline your preset collection and just do the full restore so you can check out the goodness in the early presets.

do we know what channel was modeled from the Friendman Smallbox? i know they share EQ, so is it basically just one channel, use input trim to get the characteristics of channel 2?

thanks. just woke up :p

I'm going to take this as an opportunity to start from scratch besides some key patches which I've already gotten to sound good with 18. I can't wait. It's going to take forever but it'll be so much fun.

major huge note guys:

installing Factory Banks will REPLACE YOUR CURRENT PRESETS!

a Bank file is a group of 128 presets, so presets 1-128, 129-256, 256-384.

if you use Fractal-Bot to install a Bank file, it will instantly, immediately replace any presets within those ranges. however, you can use Axe-Edit to open the banks on your computer, then view the presets and choose what you want and where you want to put them, or you can audition them before even loading them onto the Axe.

watch this video to learn how: Axe-Manage in Axe-Edit - Axe-Fx II

always ALWAYS backup your unit FIRST with Fractal-Bot, regardless.

You have various methods. With Fractal Bot, you can send a Full bank file to whatever other bank you want in the Axe-Fx (A, B or C). In your case, don't send anything to bank A.

The alternative is to use Axe-Edit. You can import single presets from a bank file (hit the big import button) or work with Preset Manager, (Tools->Axe-Manage Presets) - here you can audition patches and you can drag and drop to whatever location you choose.

i'm posting this note everywhere i can :)

installing the bank file will overwrite presets. use axe-edit and the axe-manage feature to open a bank, see the individual files, and move them where you want. you can even audition before putting it on the axe itself.

this video details the process: Axe-Manage in Axe-Edit - Axe-Fx II

Always ALWAYS backup your unit FIRST with Fractal-Bot, regardless.

Thanks. The presets are definitely better now... but can talk to the person who did the 006 Top Boost? Doesn't do it justice... like it wasn't edited. Just play the adjacent presets and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me. I use all of my presets but when demoing for other people, I do hit on the factory ones for amps that I don't normally use.

Thanks. The presets are definitely better now... but can talk to the person who did the 006 Top Boost? Doesn't do it justice... like it wasn't edited. Just play the adjacent presets and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me. I use all of my presets but when demoing for other people, I do hit on the factory ones for amps that I don't normally use.

Hold on, let me go talk to him:

"Cliff, you screwed up preset 006".

Okay, I let him know.

Back
Top Bottom