Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

Thanks guys!!! Really excited to try these out! :D To those of you that are new to the Axe Fx, (and not) you can learn a LOT by going in and exploring how these presets are constructed.

man, who has time to explore the presets? I just turn the dial and play! :p

I second the comment above that getting the axe has been the best musical purchase I've ever made. Fabulous experience since day 1 and I keep getting that bump on a regular basis.

Any old amps G3'd in this one? I'm still waiting on the SV Bass, but I'd still like to play with any new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question probably but I've never installed a bunch of presets before - can you choose where they will go when installing? I have my user patches in slots 1-50ish and don't want to overwrite them.

What i did was, a backup first (always!), but I've moved all factory presets to banks D, E, F. I use Bank A for live performance and banks B & D to move my "development" presets around. This way I can point the FractalBot installer to banks D/E/F without the "oops" of overwriting my presets. This works well also because I have different preset groupings for each guitar and there's about four I rotate around gigs.

Thanks, Cliff!! The new Friedman smallbox sounds real good.

I detected a possible bug, the Ruckus OD, the tone control doesn't seem to make any difference maxed or not.

Last edited:
Didn't see this covered in Q&A here yet....does this release of 18.03 round out the amps that needed to be G3'd or are there still more amps to be G3'd?

Hold on, let me go talk to him:

"Cliff, you screwed up preset 006".

Okay, I let him know.

So is he going to make it better?

PS 18 is just waaaay better with the amp improvements and UR updates. I had a similar reaction ~14 I think and earlier on but this time, it's not just a few bits here and there.

Back
Top Bottom