Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

If you're upgrading from the 18.00 public beta nothing will be reset. If you're coming from something older than the 18.00 public beta they will be reset.

So I updated from beta and USB Return level is at -60db. Is my best bet to set USB level individually or to reset system parameters via Utility menu? Thanks, this is where things start to go over my head.

So I updated from beta and USB Return level is at -60db. Is my best bet to set USB level individually or to reset system parameters via Utility menu? Thanks, this is where things start to go over my head.

As Cliff stated in the first post, that's the intended behaviour... If you're just worrying about the USB level there is no need to reset system parameters, just go to the desired level.

Last edited:
sorry, where is in AE 3.1.5? is there? THX

i believe this control is NOT in Axe-Edit 3.1.5. it appears on the Front Panel on the ADV page just under Sat Switch.

InZVj68l.jpg

NOT in axe-edit yet it seems:
tvQG6GPl.png

Again a great update and improvement of the Axe-Fx II family. Thanks Cliff and whole FAS Team!!! :encouragement: Also i notice again, that FAS listen to it`s customers! Examples of feature requests coming from this user base, if i remember correct: adjustable Sat: Done. adjustable USB playback loudness: Done. And after years ... *lol ... manual selectable INTERNAL/EXTERNAL Word Clock, i`m done :)

Great job! :encouragement:

Updated to 18.01 the did a system parameter reset in order to set the Usb Return Level to 0 after that I started to record bud it recording my dry signal !!!, not my mountain of boogies tone !!!... why ?

I reseted PC, Changed USB port, Turn off and On Axe-Fx bud not solved !!

what's happened ?

They are a necessary evil when using digital audio. Basically when you record from a digital device (source) to another digital device (destination) the source has to be the master in order for the destination to sync properly. In most systems the audio interface or sound card is the master clock source. That means that all devices sync their clocks to that clock in order to eliminate jitter and dropout which by default makes all the other devices slaves. Before today the AxeFXII would always default to master when it was being recorded from and then change to slave when you tried to re-amp from your DAW using the audio interface and not USB. The issue here was that you would have to close your DAW or at least release the ASIO audio driver in order to change the master/slave clock setting of your audio device and depending on how you record this could be a massive PITA.

About 99% of the time this is not an issue and this will only be relevant to people who are using the digital SPDIF or AES connections to record. For the clinically insane such as myself who have been chasing the AES rabbit down the re-amp hole this is epic.

I use spdif between axe to my scarlet 18i20...usb mixer. I record via USB.

Two things I have noticed after I switched to spdif... I get a sound only when my computer is on...beyond setting everything to 48k etc. Which is OK... But any ideas why?...

Second in my setup or for setups like this... Would it make sense to set the scarlet as master and have the axe following.. Or is that even applicable..

This word clock business is scary... Worried if my spdif will stop working etc... But wth that won't stop me upgrading..

Any help appreciated

I came to fas at version 7...or earlier... There obviously have been shit load of parameters, that came and went, boatload of technology like ultrares, scenes etc... hi res etc, truckload of amps, effects etc... Been upgrading religiously...tinker tinkering little only sometime to get good and great sounds... And sometimes.... Well..errrr let's say happy that firmware upgrades that came in.

With 18 G3...the box has changed fundamentally. The sound is better. Just better. It no longer Feels real. It is real. And I can get there with very little tweaking.

The pros have choice words to describe the sound. I say this box has fully matured and it's gold. That means it's become friendly for users who wanna turn no more than a few knobs to get a great sound. IMHO. Despite all the parameters, it actually has become consumer friendly.

For the basement player, group jammer and hobby gigger like myself, I can get to a awesome sound fast with almost any amp I have tried. I am happy knowing that I can control 200 parameters if I want to. Satisfaction yes, curiosity most of the times... but no real desire.

Awesome it so is. This for the beta... Let alone the real deal.

I hereby propose cliff to be Sir Cliff. Did my part let the lady make the call.

Last edited:
Just a warning for those who might feel the preset's have a lot less saturations, make sure your Sat switch is not disabled after update. Mine was disabled on presets it was not before so just enable and boom, tone bliss is back SO good!!!!

Maybe Placebo effect, but this version sounds better than the Beta using the same presets!!!! Whatever it is Cliff you freaking ruled it bro!!!

Updated to 18.01 the did a system parameter reset in order to set the Usb Return Level to 0 after that I started to record bud it recording my dry signal !!!, not my mountain of boogies tone !!!... why ?

I reseted PC, Changed USB port, Turn off and On Axe-Fx bud not solved !!

what's happened ?

It's your "USB DIGI OUT SOURCE" = Input 1?

Back
Top Bottom