Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

hey guys,

be sure to check out my article about 18.01. i'm collecting all the common questions and issues with the update all in one place instead of being spread out through this thread.

http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/03/firmware-18-01-released/

i hope to get to detailing the Cab changes - what has been removed, what is now added - but i need to take my dogs outside and eat something :) i've been working on this for the past 4 hours straight :)

I use spdif between axe to my scarlet 18i20...usb mixer. I record via USB.

Two things I have noticed after I switched to spdif... I get a sound only when my computer is on...beyond setting everything to 48k etc. Which is OK... But any ideas why?...

Second in my setup or for setups like this... Would it make sense to set the scarlet as master and have the axe following.. Or is that even applicable..

This word clock business is scary... Worried if my spdif will stop working etc... But wth that won't stop me upgrading..

Any help appreciated
The AxeFXII is still going to be locked to 48kHz so when you say "beyond switching everything to 48k" I'm guessing that you are trying to use a different sample rate on the other stuff? If you leave it to Auto and have the same sample rate throughout your system you should be fine.

Axe XL FW 18.01 entering the tuner mode in exchange amps with Axe Edit. Anyone else?
I don't understand you either hehe... I guess you're saying that the tuner turns on when you switch amps on Axe-Edit?
Have you updated your Axe-Edit to v3.1.5?

Thank you. With 18 beta I couldn't find any tone (cold tone, no sustaine, hard to play) but with 18.01 it's a piece of cake.

Utility Menu, Update amps all presets goes 30% and freezes there. Reinstalled FW 18.01 and same thing...anyone else ?

I don't know about any one else.. but I'm inspired! Didn't get any further than the ac 15. SO GOOD!

Thank you FAS for your dedicated work, it's going to be a long night in Holland.

update: Shivers down my spine, hair on my arms standing up when playing
my favorites 5150/5153/6160. Don't expect to be using drive pedals/blocks anymore. Just WOW
This is the Formula 1 of amplification, it rules the road of rock.

And suddenly I find myself playing Pink Floyd on my John McLaughlin preset. I guess we've entered new territory tonight :eagerness:

Last edited:
Utility Menu, Update amps all presets goes 30% and freezes there. Reinstalled FW 18.01 and same thing...anyone else ?

was Axe-Edit connected when you did this? does it still freeze without Axe-Edit connected?

Back
Top Bottom