Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

I'm still on 17.02. A few weeks ago when 17.03 came out i did an update but went back to 17.02 because the changes of the delays were too big (in a good way) but i didn't had the time for tweaking cause i was gigging. But now i want to upload FW 18. Should i consider doing something??? Is it necessary to upload 17.04 before...do some tweaks on my presets and then FW 18 or will there be no big changes, just improvements in my presets?! Is it correct, that the Amp blocks will be automatically improved and doing a reset on them isn't necessary?

I am experiencing a strange behavior in that the rotary block is enabled and not bypassed by default on all of my presets. I tried to reset the block as suggested in the release notes. I have tried to reset the system parameters, power cycle the Axe FX, reload all of the presets, and disconnect my computer. I am using the Mark I Axe FX II. Has anyone else had this? It's no big deal to just go through and turn them off, but I was wondering if this was normal or if there was a way of globally shutting them off.!

In this beta it's a side-effect of the introduction of the improved Rotary block.
It won't happen if your Rotary block is a global block.

Sweet baby Jesus...that G3 Recto improvement. Sounds and plays just like my friends amp.... Hes going to be pissed haha. Great job Cliff/beta team.

Can't wait to see the finished product. Take your time of course, we know how delicate of a process it is to seemingly suck the souls of all these amplifiers to put them in the magic black box for our greedy ear canals.

Last edited:
Man, I hate being stuck at work. I had a half day yesterday!

So since this is a beta firmware, is there a chance it could brick my Axe FX II? Just being cautious since all my electronics are out to get me.

Wow !
The Plexi-Jump sounds perfect right away. Also the twin-reverb.
Finally there is a major difference between Marshall and Fender.
This seems really promising.... :)

Awesome. I'm only able to play FW18 for 1 of the next 4 weeks...

I'm without my FRFR this week. Next week I'm out of town for work. 3 weeks from now I'm out for a week for a ski trip.

1st world problems...

I have my band rehearsal tonight. Do I get home from work, drag my rackcase back upstairs to my music room, and do the update before I leave for rehearsal? Or do I wait, and do the update tomorrow?......

Wow!!! I just did the update and I really really like what I am hearing and feeling.
I've got the flu right now so my ears are a bit muffled but still, wow!
The low end has drasticly changed and the high end.
So far I have only tried the new Recto's and the 5350 and boy, do they sound awesome!

What is this dark magic? voodoo?

Cliff, you are a genius!

this update is worthy of me changing strings! lol. it's got something amazing to it but scrolling trough presets is useless - I think it's best to just realize that this is a major upgrade, new presets should be made. Or one could just adjust here and there.

my first thought on one of my high gain presets was "oh my god, there's that puuurrrrr that Misha Mansoor is talking about, it's the djent sound!"

This update is all about the purr!

Back
Top Bottom