Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.04 Released

We've heard it. And yes, it does warrant a change of underwear.
Seriously, FW 18 is a major leap up. Once you've tasted it, you won't want to go back.

The amps that have been converted so far all received a major kick in the pants. Distortion has a lot of added texture and tooth. It's vocal and growly. Clean tones leap at you like a mallet on a bell. There's added dimension, added air... I think there will be a few more converts to FRFR when 18 hits.

Are you familiar with the term "kerrranggggg?" You will be. :)

So in addition to more accurately mimicking the amps modelled im assuming the modelling algorithms have been refined. From your description it sounds like the case?

So in addition to more accurately mimicking the amps modelled im assuming the modelling algorithms have been refined. From your description it sounds like the case?
I can't make that call, but it doesn't really matter. The improvements are real and immediately noticeable.

I'm curious - if the new modeling technology involves opening up actual amps to take measurements as Cliff said, I'd guess there isn't a way that can be done for the models of preamps like the Brit Pre since it's not a 'real' amp with the typical components?

I really hope we don't lose models like that during this update because they don't fit with this new system, personally I really like that Brit Pre amp model in particular and would hate to lose it!

Oh I know, I have one here and I've opened it to change the valves at least a couple of times. I was just concerned because I believe a lot of what generates it's tone is actually kind of cheated compared to most real amps. Whatever it is though I really like the sound of it. I've used one for almost 15 years and thought I'd leave it behind when I got my Axe but now I love the model of it too, it has what I like about the Jmp-1 with some of the stuff I don't (like the noise floor!) left out. I have a favorite lead patch here called 'JMP-2' because it's one better. :)

You ain't heard nuttin' yet.

hahahah priceless. I love you attitude Cliff. kind of cocky, but then again not because it actually sound as good as the attitude implies, lol.
gotta love that bold and down to earth kind of way of communication. some companies are too "professional" (in a cold way) in their interaction with the users / fans etc. and it sound so stiff and auto replied. my love for Fractal Audio Systems keeps growing, haha still laughing xD

Back
Top Bottom