Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.04 Released

Very cool and Thx Danny !!

Time for the obligatory "can you post presets ?"

DISREGARD !!! I see that you already did :)

Do they use factory IRs or after market ?

I gotta post a full preset for download, Greg. I just get embarrassed because I'm not doing the creation part right. LOL! Kinda like the first time I had someone that knew how to use Cakewalk show me how to really use it after I recorded a song in the 90's. Though it helped, I was so embarrassed it was like being naked on stage and being hung like a horse.....FLY! LOL!

Nah the IR used is me tone matching one of the sounds in my old 2101 and saving it as a "cab". That's really where the whole sound comes from. Without that tone match I did, the sound isn't as intense. I've been meaning to post a bunch of sounds....I just gotta tighten them up a bit. One thing I need to learn is how to have the effects to where you just raise the effect, not the volume. So right now, my configuration looks like hell and needs work. You know how it goes...it's kinda like sharing a song and not being a good player....I feel the same way with my presets. They are just so wrong...but they sound decent to my ears. :) Hopefully what I did share may help a few people. :)

Just installed FW 17.04 a few days ago, and thoungt it was really good.
So today I could use the axe in rehersal at higher volume, played over a amp & real cab (tube-poweramp of a line6 spider valve and a randall 4x12; poweramp sim enabled, cab sim off), and without tweaking the presets, it sounded really killer!!!!!!!
My bandmates were astonished about how good it sounded, they liked the sound a very lot.

On some presets I had to dial back the bright knob a bit, as with the few latest Fw since after 16.04 I had to dial it in more, as I felt the sound got darker.
But now the sound is amazing, clear mids and hights, and tight bass, just as I like it! Geat!
High gain sounds have back their bite, and push throuhg, perfect, cleans are cristal clear if you want, or just alive, especially on fender amp, love their cleans now even more! Generally the whole response of the amps is greatly improved. They sound and feel very good.

Really really good great job done with this, thanks a lot cliff and all at FAS! I like this FW a lot

would I be able to do the mic+DI with this (yeah I know, it's probably shit :p ) :

mic pre

tube_mp-ps_usb_angle_lg.jpg

and the line out? (right side if the picture)

vox-ad120vt-515691.jpg

If that is the case, I'm only missing the quiet room/box to record it in.

this baby (Vox ad120vt) has got vintage 30's in it and has got the sweetest lead sound I've ever played. the clean and rotary (stereo) is also stunning!

oh my if this is possible then I'm as happy as the nintendokid!!

Something has been missing since FW 10, but now 17.04 has it back again. I can't describe it too well, but it's a low mid thing that is more of a feeling than a sound. Anyway, I'm ecstatic to have whatever it is back.

Something has been missing since FW 10, but now 17.04 has it back again. I can't describe it too well, but it's a low mid thing that is more of a feeling than a sound. Anyway, I'm ecstatic to have whatever it is back.

Yeah! You are precisely right! I thought because it was a resetting of the amps and I just needed to re-tweak, but there was great improvements of course in all the FW but....for sure that low mid thingy (growl?) faded into the background somewhere! I noticed it mainly on solos and particularly with the Mesa MKIIC+ tweaked for solos.

Could be user error on our part but for sure FW17.4 has it back ...in spades!!!

I been busy as heck and after uploading 17.04 really not have much time to explore a fool around, just minor amp and tone tweaks in my main presets, ...very noticeable in my gigs the greatness of FW17.04!!

Hard to imagine what G3 brings to the table!

Firmware 17.04

I'm a newby - just dowloaded firmware 17.04 - there's a Carol-Ann model that sounds pretty lame -un-natural - way too much overdrive and hard to control tone- any other Carol-Ann Models included with the latest amp collections? Thought previous versions had the Tucana and a few others - the OD2 series sound killer(should include that amp)... Where can I find the most recent list of Amps and what models they imitate

I believe the Carol-Ann amps are extremely accurate as Cliff worked closely w/ the designer to get them right. I believe he even signed off on beta-firmware before it was released to us ....

Do a search, you'll find it ....

I'm a newby - just dowloaded firmware 17.04 - there's a Carol-Ann model that sounds pretty lame -un-natural - way too much overdrive and hard to control tone-

So being a newbie, perhaps you aren't aware of all the variables involved in dialing in a tone. And perhaps you shouldn't label an amp model 'lame' or 'un-natural' being new to a forum. I can think of 4,528 other words that could be used and about 7,412 ways to present that differently to a forum of AFX users.

Here is the Wiki that I would recommend you familiarize yourself with: Amp: all models - Axe-Fx II Wiki

As far as dialing in the tone, check your Master Volume, Input Gain, Level, GEQ in the amp block. From the Wiki, the Suggested cabs: Dumble, EVM, Classic Lead 80. Good luck.

Didn't mean to offend- The Axe FX 2 XL has plenty of great tones - just when I go to the Carol-Ann website and hear these beautiful sound clips of their amps I didn't think the patch did it any justice- but I will say that it could be a glitch in my firmware update! - I used fractal bot as instructed but my OSX is not the recommended version! - There's tons of killer tones in the unit-... I'm into fusion, jazz, funk, prog rock etc.. Some of my favorite players are Wayne Krantz,Joe Bonamassa, Allan Holdsworth, George Benson and Pat Metheny to name a few... btw Still looking for a good Metheny patch ala "San Lorenzo" era ! - I'm an audio engineer that plays a little guitar - so I know good tone... Like I said - it could be a software anomaly based on the quality of some of the other patches- I'm open to purchasing a tutorial on how to get the most out of the unit! Cheers

17.04 is simply awesome...great feel...like the amp is 'pushing back' more when you dig in and is more responsive then ever...

Back
Top Bottom