Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.00 Public Beta (Update: Beta1 Now Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely cuts more. Previous to this I had to increase volume on guitar which ended up thin and trebly. At least that's what appears to be the difference so far in my initial testing.

Thanks so much FAS! Not having to reset the amps is a much needed and ingenious feature! Fingers crossed that an HM-2 will show up in the full version... forget me not Cliff \m/ :D

thkxs FAS
fw 16b1 tested, i feel well better the control of the low resonance , it's was great.
but something feel strange on bass eq knob, seems don't work a lot from noon to +10 (on jcm800 for ex)
i've tested several ir, same feelings on differents others ir
do you feel this?

thkxs FAS
fw 16b1 tested, i feel well better the control of the low resonance , it's was great.
but something feel strange on bass eq knob, seems don't work a lot from noon to +10 (on jcm800 for ex)
i've tested several ir, same feelings on differents others ir
do you feel this?

Working fine here. Nothing was changed in the tone stack simulations.

I was thinking something like that too ,but I'm not sure yet. Lets hope if Cliff have answer for that question ,then we can be 100% sure for that.

I think it means it updates the "hidden" parameters where before you had to do it manually after a firmware upgrade.

Modelling version type should still be selectable?

something nice happened to the lowend of the tweed amps, I don't have to tighten it up with a pedal anymore. Had a lot of fun with the Champ, Deluxe, Bassman and Nuclear the past hour. Can't wait to try that with the band.

Jan

Always a bit reluctant to comment on Firmware updates since the differences can be subtle and there's a huge danger of confirmation bias, but...

Fuller top-end without any additional harshness and a more pronounced note 'bloom'

That's all I'm saying.

(Numberwang!)

Great release. No need for any adjustments so far :)

Don't know if its all in my head...but especially my satriani patches now sound more balanced and defined in the low end.

Thanks FAS

something nice happened to the lowend of the tweed amps, I don't have to tighten it up with a pedal anymore. Had a lot of fun with the Champ, Deluxe, Bassman and Nuclear the past hour. Can't wait to try that with the band.

Jan

Yea, I went straight to my Neil Young patch after loading this and was REALLY liking what happened. For way more melt-down fun try jacking up the Xfrmr Drive. You couldn't do this before without things turning to flubby mush, but now it really just makes in scream in the most pleasing way.

Yes - but someone other has already answered! It´s only in the Axe..........I think, an new Axe Edit Version will be there with the coming updates.

yes, that is normally how it works. especially for Beta firmware releases, Axe Edit has to be updated as well and you have to download that new version when it comes out.

FW 16beta1 - finally quick, dirty, fat , again..........all we want from our Amps...........one more step to a better Feeling with a digital Equipment..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom