Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.00 Public Beta (Update: Beta1 Now Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just used the first beta (not beta1) at rehearsal. didn't have time to see what was different, but it instantly felt and sounded really good.

what is in "beta1" that wasn't in "beta" ?

Sweet 16 indeed! Thankyou sir.

I find the resolution of the amp models definitely stand out more in this release.

57? Im pretty hip, but not in a tech way; someone explain? I cant see a heinz basis? urban dictionary says can be used as "tap" ie screw, and one def. says it describes a mixed race! Wow.
Don't trust Urban Dictionary to know anything. Seriously.

Beat the hell out of it here, gigged it and strongly giving this a thumbs up.

Higher gain amps - try the power amp hardness - Hard. No need to thank me, but you'll thank me.

Some of the tips learned in this beta - play with the Transformer Drive (in the Speaker Tab) and have fun. Try the Low Resonance Frequency a little lower - and trust your ears.

Freaking killer update.

Hmm... thinking about upgrading, but not sure if it's worth the effort of driving my axe back home just for testing purposes.

On a scale of "you might be able to see it on the waveform when using a specialized testing signal and zooming in to microscopic level" to "oops, I forgot to turn the guitar volume up", how noticable are the sound improvements?

Update on FW 16.0b1

Played lots'O scales, thirds, triads. up and down the neck, improvised for an hour with YouTube backing tracks, and did two hours of ear training with the AFX (FW 16.0b1) showing no issues. Brain Fried, fingers stiff.
Typical Sunday afternoon. I had to break out a new blender as the Margarita mixer finally blew out. It's lasted 17 year as we received it as a wedding present.
All hail the new Ninja Juicer! And FW 16.0b1.

I am having some amp issues though.
I can't seem to get my JCM800 to sound like my Axe-FX. I have tried playing with all the knobs on the front, but the JCM800 just doesn't seem to have the AFX in the room sound. Maybe when they come out with a new model it will sound closer to a "real amp".

On a scale of "you might be able to see it on the waveform when using a specialized testing signal and zooming in to microscopic level" to "oops, I forgot to turn the guitar volume up", how noticable are the sound improvements?
The difference is immediate.

Really? I could hear something different, but i couldn't tell if it was better or worse. Probably a volume thing. I could hardly crank it at 11pm last night. I'll give it a proper bash later.

Really? I could hear something different, but i couldn't tell if it was better or worse. Probably a volume thing. I could hardly crank it at 11pm last night. I'll give it a proper bash later.
One cool thing about recent firmware releases is that you can get a good sense of the sound through a decent pair of headphones. Crank through that, and you'll hear the difference right away.

This has been a real boon for me. There are lots of things that make a significant difference at even moderate volumes that I absolutely can't discern at the levels I usually have to play when I'm at home.

Thanks for the response. I tend to skip firmware upgrades more and more lately, only running them when a new feature is implemented, like a new effect type.

I feel that all the amp-only updates went into diminishing returns since FW14. But if this one is a significant improvement (however that is even possible), I will give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom