Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.00 Public Beta (Update: Beta1 Now Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news, thanks FAS!

When I read the sentence 'The IR's will sound fuller now' and the words 'thunk' and 'knock', I was a bit afraid actually. Since I resist to use a boost pedal I never wanted more low end. But somehow, while really sounding a little fuller, I could raise the interval in the PEQ after the amp block between high/low cuts. I was using 250/5000Hz low-high shelf (shelving-2). But now I'm using 200/6000, and the more high frequencies didn't make the sound less pleasant while the more lows didn't make it muddy.

Let me send the first recording with the beta. It probably won't reflect the whole potential of the firmware, since it's me who recorded it. :)

Dirt of the IIC+, cleans of the Lonestar.

https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/iic-lonestar

Just when you think things can't get any better... It is amazing and incredible how high FAS is raising the bar for modeling. Thanks!!!!

I downloaded and installed 16 beta at 4:50 eastern time USA. Now, it's 7:37pm and 16 beta 01 is posted.

Jeezle

EDIT: I see Cliff's comments regarding Hi-Cut. Thanks for being on top of it and transparent.

This is a great sounding beta. As some have mentioned, it is hard to improve something that already sounds great but this beta rounded the edges, so to speak. It is hard to describe the improvement in sound but obviously it is not this overwhelming "wow" moment because the AxeFX sounds outstanding already. I can say that normally I adjust a few knobs that bring out a tad more high end, definition, presence, etc. but sounded great without touching a thing.

To my ears, that is what seems to be improved. The notes seem to be more defined and just sounds better. I was actually playing guitar tonight when the beta firmware update came out, so I was able to get an immediate comparison to the tones and I definitely notice a difference.

Holy shit, Mr. Wizard has done it again. The Wrecker Liverpool just rocks my world. Thanks Cliff, I didn't think it could get better but it has.

Now my fingers hurt and it's your fault. :encouragement:

Sounds f**king amazing, the low end thunkiness sounds fantastic, nice and weighty yet tight. Only tried it with single coils but holy smokes. The top end sounds better to my ears too.

Excellent work as always Cliffmeister.

played a 4 hour gig last night in Nashville, loaded out, drove 14 hours straight to Houston. Had dinner with the fan and was looking forward to the sweet embrace of sleep....now all I want to do is load up 16.

Cliff, you are bad for my health....

I can't say if it sounds better honestly or not because I'm not in the position to A/B, but my fingers sure hurt from zoning out with the Roamer model and my Strat for over an hour.

57? Im pretty hip, but not in a tech way; someone explain? I cant see a heinz basis? urban dictionary says can be used as "tap" ie screw, and one def. says it describes a mixed race! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom