Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.05 Released

thanks Cliff & teams

love that story....an intermediate FW to prepare tracks for the major coming one ?

Thanks FAS - Can't wait ti try out the new EQ options.

And as for this one:

"Added Modifier connectivity to Threshold and Ratio parameters in Noisegate"

Awesome - this allows me to operate without a 2nd gate - a big thank you for
listening to user requests!!!!!!!

Very good stuff, thanks a lot.

When I select the "new" IN/GATE- or OUTPUT-row and press FX BYPASS, the EDITED-light lights up, but what really happens?

768 preset slots in the XL now. Who could manage this many presets? A pro studio maybe? I'm dying trying to keep up with under 200.

What's cool now, is that when I create new presets for the new songs that I play at church, I can just cut the jobs and move them down to the last 20 presets for storage purposes when I'm done playing them for that weekend, pretty cool. I use to save them off and grab them again when I needed them. now they are all right there.

Wait, what? Firmware 15.04 (8:52 p.m.) is released a minute AFTER 15.05 (8:51 p.m.). What am I missing? Has my 60-year-old brain farted once again?

768 preset slots in the XL now. Who could manage this many presets? A pro studio maybe? I'm dying trying to keep up with under 200.

I'm at about 250 in my Ultra. And some of those are shared between multiple songs, since I was afraid I might eventually run out of preset slots. Eventually, I hope to convert all of my presets to the XL (someday). If you like to have separate presets for every song (or even require multiple presets for a single song), and work in multiple bands, and have a preset bank dedicated to original tones, I can see needing this may slots without worrying about running out. One thing is for sure, the standard industry allotment of 128 presets is not even close to adequate for my needs. Now if only the global custom user pitch shifter scales could be increased in number from 32.

Wait, what? Firmware 15.04 (8:52 p.m.) is released a minute AFTER 15.05 (8:51 p.m.). What am I missing? Has my 60-year-old brain farted once again?

15.05 was actually released this morning -- one of the board admins just switched the post titles and edited the first posts to point to 15.05.

At first, I did not consider to upgrade from 15.03, since it was a fw for only one type of EQ.

But after I installed it, WOW! That would be a big mistake for me if I didn't upgrade.

While I was never happy with the previous PEQ block or cab block's EQ, I find it much easier to use the Shelving 2 for post eq (high/low pass).

There is still too much room for improvement (since it is my first try and I returned to tube IR's, this one is a little too boomy), but I think that I'm on the right track...

https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/ca-triptik-extreme-post-pass

Thanks FAS, this fw made my day.

Comments appreciated.

Release Notes said:
Added 256 more preset locations for Axe-Fx II XL models (768 total).

Will Fractal Bot need to be updated, or will it already support these two additional banks? Are they referred to as banks E and F?

Back
Top Bottom