Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.03 Released

Still no Digital numbers/values for Output Levels ,I don't know why is so hard to put those in Axe FX II. Already 90s there was lots of multi-effect units ,and those did have Digital numbers/values in Output levels.

You wouldn't update to a version doing that anyways because your patches would sound different. :lol

I think it's safe to say that the 2 new amp models are the best Marshall style models the Axe FX II currently offers. LOVE them! Thanks for this update Cliff & Co!

I think it's safe to say that the 2 new amp models are the best Marshall style models the Axe FX II currently offers. LOVE them! Thanks for this update Cliff & Co!

I can't wait to give these new models a run through this weekend! I've played a real AFD100 a few times and this is coming from a Mesa/Bogner for life guy, if I was ever going to get another tube amp in the future, the AFD100 would be at the top of the list for sure!

Now, what I really want is all for channels and all 3 modes of each one from the roadster modeled! If I still had mine I'd send it to Cliff to have it modeled for the next FW update. Wish we had someone close to his office who ones one and could drop it off and allow him to model it for us!

Last edited:
Nice good discovery. That thing I have been thinking a lot ,but I`m almost 100% sure that I will update when that feature will come. I must then only tweak almost 200 tone matching presets again ,but that feature is very important for me. And I thing I can yield little bit ,if I can get that feature whit my unit. But very good point Hellbat. Only thing for me is now wait and hope that feature ,will come future for Axe FX II.

You wouldn't update to a version doing that anyways because your patches would sound different. :lol

I can't wait to give these new models a run through this weekend! I've played a real AFD100 a few times and this is coming from a Mesa/Bogner for life guy, if I was ever going to get another tube amp in the future, the AFD100 would be at the top of the list for sure!

Now, what I really want is all for channels and all 3 modes of each one from the roadster modeled! If I still had mine I'd send it to Cliff to have it modeled for the next FW update. Wish we had someone close to his office who ones one and could drop it off and allow him to model it for us!

The AFD 100 is probably the best thing that came out of the Marshall factory since the days of the original 2203 heads. Playing them is so much fun. The Treble and Presence on this amp is just amazing. By the way, don't forget to turn up the Master Volume once you get to try these new amp sims! Also, load some of those new Citrus V30 & TV IRs in your IR slots, you won't regret it!

Nice good discovery. That thing I have been thinking a lot ,but I`m almost 100% sure that I will update when that feature will come. I must then only tweak almost 200 tone matching presets again ,but that feature is very important for me. And I thing I can yield little bit ,if I can get that feature whit my unit. But very good point Hellbat. Only thing for me is now wait and hope that feature ,will come future for Axe FX II.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but I have to ask: How the hell is the Dimebucker pickup worth a username and how did you manage to get a great sound out of it? IMO, it's one of the most atrocious pickups out there, bar none.

Anyone else finding they need less things in a patch other than amp and cab block after the last few updates?

My go to distortion patch with FAS Modern and the ownhammer v30 Marshall checkerboard has shrunk from having drive blocks before the amp and eqs after the speaker to just being an amp and a cab.

I feel less need to clean up mud or EQ out harshness. The non linear cathode follower has made the amp feel more responsive so I play around with sag much less.

All I do now is engage the bright switch, the sat switch, roll back the brightness a bit and push the xformer match into plus values and I have an incredibly good sound.

So these amps are finally the equivalent of "THE" amp that was used on Appetite and the same amp George Lynch used previously??? Please tell me it is so!!!

Ostensibly. No one knows for sure. The schematic of the AFD100 differs slightly from the schematics I have of the Caswell #34 and #39. What I do know is that these new models are my go-to Marshall tones now.

Anyone else finding they need less things in a patch other than amp and cab block after the last few updates?

My go to distortion patch with FAS Modern and the ownhammer v30 Marshall checkerboard has shrunk from having drive blocks before the amp and eqs after the speaker to just being an amp and a cab.

I feel less need to clean up mud or EQ out harshness. The non linear cathode follower has made the amp feel more responsive so I play around with sag much less.

All I do now is engage the bright switch, the sat switch, roll back the brightness a bit and push the xformer match into plus values and I have an incredibly good sound.

Me too. I'm not sure if everyone else realizes that the drive block is kinda useless with all the controls right in the amp block now, and to me, they are even more transparent than an actual drive block in front of the amp.

I have a noise gate in front of the amp and an auto engaged wha block that's hardly ever used. A little reverb /delay and that's the end of it for my basic patches. And for recording, all effects are removed anyway.

Most all of my patches end up with all knobs set at noon except for the gain, presence and depth controls. I find that I can control the general EQ of the amp better through properly selected impulses. Impulses are a huge part of the puzzle but the Axe is just awesome. It makes everything so easy now!

Last edited:
Ostensibly. No one knows for sure. The schematic of the AFD100 differs slightly from the schematics I have of the Caswell #34 and #39. What I do know is that these new models are my go-to Marshall tones now.

Thanks Cliff, that's all I need! If they are your go-to amps, they are my go-to amps!

Had to look this one up....

os·ten·si·bly
äˈstensiblē,əˈsten-/
adverb
adverb: ostensibly

apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.

My patches are mostly amp->cab->delay->reverb now. I've removed all "tweaking EQ" from my presets. I've never been a drive block guy though.

Had to look this one up....

os·ten·si·bly
äˈstensiblē,əˈsten-/
adverb
adverb: ostensibly

apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.

The man is not only genius for writing code to accurately re-create analog tone within the digital realm, but his command over the English language is immense! Cliff, we need you working on a cure for cancer or world peace! You can do it.

Back
Top Bottom