Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.03 Released

Awesome, another improvement in the modeling. Thanx.

Gigging Friday and Saturday, no rehearse til then...should I update or should I wait?

Improved Amp block cathode follower. New algorithm includes loading on previous triode plate and resulting effect on distortion characteristics.

as I previously said.....no rocket science

the internal resistance (which is equal the output impedance of a CF btw.) of the cathode follower goes up too, makes the cathode follower a nonlinear load for the previous cathode bias gain stage. Bottom of line - higher attack = higher signal = more current = more affection to the cathode bias gain stage by the CF as a nonlinear load = more nonlinear clipping!

:mrgreen:mrgreen:mrgreen

Thanks.... Have not updated yet... But what cabs are suggested for the AFD amps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I volunteered for the church band this past Sunday, and I left my gear there, and planned to pick it up this Sunday. So naturally, Cliff released new firmware.

You guys can thank me for taking one for the team.

PS - It also usually rains the day after I wash my car.

Nice timing - had planned to update to 15.02 today (was on 14.xx) and saw this just before getting stuck in
thumbsup.gif

Not sure if it was 'just one of those things', but I had an error message when updating straight to 15.03 - with a gig tomorrow, such messages make the heart skip! It was something to the effect of 'Transfer interrupted can't auto update'...

Rebooted and tried 15.02, which worked fine. It updated to 15.03 with no problem after that, so I don't know if there might be an issue with going direct to 15.03 from an older version of whether it was just an odd occurrence..?

Back
Top Bottom