Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

nothing is wrong with the front panel I use it all the time. (I actually became quite comfortable with not having a working Axe edit)
I don't "need" to update to a beta , I'm loving what I've got going right now.
I'd just assume wait for Axe Edit to be ready to go too (hopefully any bugs will be caught by then as well)

I guess I'm in the minority since it seems most peoples like the new FW.
I'm finding that the Plexi 50W high ( ex: stock preset 008 ) seems to be duller/flater less lively, were before it was perfect, what changed with that amp?

I guess I'm in the minority since it seems most peoples like the new FW.
I'm finding that the Plexi 50W high ( ex: stock preset 008 ) seems to be duller/flater less lively, were before it was perfect, what changed with that amp?

Wow. Totally opposite on this end...have you changed amps (on the panel, NOT Axe-Edit) and/or reset by double bypass? And the IR matters...

Can't understand it........FW15 has changed the gain stage completely from saturation to jingle jangle indie style

Gain staging is unchanged. Note that the Master Volume and Presence will be reset when reselecting the model. Perhaps you had those set differently. If all else fails, go back to 14.02. I cannot and will not change an amp model based on a single user's wishes. Any changes are done in the name of accuracy but the changes to that model were virtually insignificant.

I started with 14.02 on my XL. I've found a few IRs that I use for virtually everything and they sound good. I also have my reverb, delay, wah, and a couple of drives I use for everything as well. I've played through every amp sim giving time to see if I like it or not with basic adjustments and not really digging into the advanced parameters. I have a nice selection I keep on my favorites. However I never really cared for the plexi models as much as I've played through them while testing amps. But whatever you did with fw15 has changed my mind and ears forever. Holy shit they sound lively and sustain for days with the od808 mod drive out front. Def in my top 3 amps for lead now! Perfect for the smooth jazz/fusion stuff I play as well as some blues with a different drive, and great for my hard rock lead work too! I literally played for over 2 hours on that sim alone today.

Ya know sometimes I just play too much. I'll pick up a guitar that just feels perfect and has tones that sound perfect, and then play for 6 hours straight... And then later on it doesn't sound worth a poot..., because I have just buried myself in sound for too long. Take a day off without playing. It works wonders for tired ears... :)

Gain staging is unchanged. Note that the Master Volume and Presence will be reset when reselecting the model. Perhaps you had those set differently. If all else fails, go back to 14.02. I cannot and will not change an amp model based on a single user's wishes. Any changes are done in the name of accuracy but the changes to that model were virtually insignificant.

Not expecting to change the amps for me or anyone else, but if i could see exactly what the difference is, then i could rectify it. Maybe the MV had reset to a default setting, but i must double check it.

Not expecting to change the amps for me or anyone else, but if i could see exactly what the difference is, then i could rectify it. Maybe the MV had reset to a default setting, but i must double check it.

The bright switch will default as well. That can change the amount os saturation.

OK, so level, mastervolume, gain and presence are the ones getting reset (apart from brightswitches and advanced parameters of course) when changing theampmodel?
Really wanna try out this FW, but a bit reluctant to dive in since I have gigs comming up shortly.
Seems like it changes presets a lot for some, while for others they got better even without tweaking.
What to do...

Anyway, thanks for yet another update from the Fractalteam -We are really getting spoiled here :)

I had a great time playing thru with my Carr Roamer preset with v15b last evening...my thought's were that my picking hand 'opened up' a bit more and was more dynamic with v15b vs 14 (which has a great feel indeed; no complaints at all with v14). The transition when playing dynamically from clean -> crunch -> breakup is even more satisfying and expressive...I love the 'zone' between clean and dirty that seems to have opened up a bit more in v15 (on that amp anyway)...it's just more playable.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

I just setup presets for my Les Paul with the 5153 Red amp FW14. Gain rolled almost off, boost button 'On' and boosted by the 808 pedal. Tweaked it to perfection a few days ago.

Now, FW15, all the gain has vanished........increasing the input gain etc. doesn't make it sound the same.

What has changed drastically in the 5153 Red amp?

I use the same amp block live and when I updated I just bumped the gain a bit. Sounds great to me.

I also stopped using a drive pedal and just bumped the mids to compensate. My preset is tweaked for live use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, changed to the new clean amp and then back. But the gain has gone MIA. I wonder exactly what Fractal has changed in the 5153 amps.

Hmmm....I use the 5153 blue and I did the amp reset, and noticed no real difference.
I actually thought it has a tad more gain, but its probably a bit of placebo effect.

Wow. I'm diggin 15b. I just got my XL a couple of weeks ago (after playing an Ultra for a few years) and had been struggling with a couple patches. 15b cleared up some issues for me. Love it. Thanks Cliff.

That model is virtually unchanged. The low-frequency accuracy was refined but otherwise it's identical and the gain is unchanged.

mmm yes the low-frequency changed a bit, otherwise to me it looks like subtle more changed in the 5153 Red, in 14.02 i had simple Drive on 6, presence 6 MV at 6, had adjusted it to these values in 15 after re-selecting again, ends in less drive i hear from the amp, in detail i've increased Drive slight to 6.7 to get the same result in my tone i had before the update. Comp cf on 0 and Sag on 4 do a lot good to this model, it sounds perfect now!

Iam wrong with what i noticed??

mmm yes the low-frequency changed a bit, otherwise to me it looks like subtle more changed in the 5153 Red, in 14.02 i had simple Drive on 6, presence 6 MV at 6, had adjusted it to these values in 15 after re-selecting again, ends in less drive i hear from the amp, in detail i've increased Drive slight to 6.7 to get the same result in my tone i had before the update. Comp cf on 0 and Sag on 4 do a lot good to this model, it sounds perfect now!

Iam wrong with what i noticed??

To me (i've tried the rectos mainly in f15b so far) it sounds like a more realistic gain "structure", it does give the impression of less gain but I think it might just be a better response in the bass/mid frequency range, that gives an impression of less gain. It's probably a similar feeling with all amp models.

Don't forget that the EQ settings (on the amp EQ page) reset to zeros too when you do the amp flip thing. That can make a major difference in sound if you have adjusted those and then reset.

Yes. It's basically all parameters other than the ones on the main page. I used the old copy X to Y and then referred to that. I would be screwed otherwise. You obviously can't do that on a patch that utilizes X and Y amp settings.

Back
Top Bottom