Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

I found my ideal high gain sound back in FW3.03. Despite the plethora of tones available, for me it's all about whether I can dial in that single tone. I've upgraded in the past but always gone back to 3.03 to get that tone. I've just finished recording a second album with FW3.03 so decided to try the latest FW now I'm no longer tied in by the project. Happy to say after an initial playthrough, it sounds like that old patch has translated really well with no tweaks, so after 2 years I can move on and grab all the new features (time to play with the looper). I don't know yet whether my untweaked tone is now slightly better, slightly worse, or on a par, but I can tell you I had an inspiring afternoon playing through FW15 and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in there tomorrow.

cave-2.jpg

I found my ideal high gain sound back in FW3.03. Despite the plethora of tones available, for me it's all about whether I can dial in that single tone. I've upgraded in the past but always gone back to 3.03 to get that tone. I've just finished recording a second album with FW3.03 so decided to try the latest FW now I'm no longer tied in by the project. Happy to say after an initial playthrough, it sounds like that old patch has translated really well with no tweaks, so after 2 years I can move on and grab all the new features (time to play with the looper). I don't know yet whether my untweaked tone is now slightly better, slightly worse, or on a par, but I can tell you I had an inspiring afternoon playing through FW15 and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in there tomorrow.

So this means that after all this years when we now update to FW15 we are falling back to FW3.03 soundwise :)
Just joking...

I played live with the beta 15 last night using the 2 faslinks from axe 2 to my mfc101. Let me note that this was not happening before beta. For some reason switching from scene 1 to scenes 2 and 3 and back there is a half second switchover silence happening kinda like you'd get in some early midi gear like its having to "load" the new effects. I may be wrong but it was to my understand that was the reason for scenes is all the fx and amps were already loaded which makes for seamless switching. Am I wrong on that? Like I said though this was not happening prior to beta 15. By the way scene 1 on scene three differences are out volume. delay x and y amp x and y which are 1987xs and that is it. It is not happening on the other patches

Yes thats my damn phone auto correct. The differences are output volumes one has delay and x y settings I believe its 82 percent. I will post patch tonight

Back
Top Bottom