Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

OK. I'm taking the plunge. I have 13.03 factory set and have never updated FW before. I have two presets so far and they are saved to 'export' and 'snapshot'. My only important 'preset' is a 'tone match' to an acoustic guitar.
So here's my question:
Regarding resetting of amps/models/presets after upgrade...
If you have no presets you want to carry over, and you have only ever changed two 13.03 factory presets, do you have to 'reset' anything after installing 15b? .:beguiled:

OK. I'm taking the plunge. I have 13.03 factory set and have never updated FW before. I have two presets so far and they are saved to 'export' and 'snapshot'. My only important 'preset' is a 'tone match' to an acoustic guitar.
So here's my question:
If you have no presets you want to carry over, and you have only ever changed two 13.03 factory presets, do you have to 'reset' anything after installing 15b? .:beguiled:

I never quite understand the amp reset thing. Probably will tell you wrong thing, but here goes.
Short answer in your case- no. Just go to Utlility/Preset/Update All presets and hit Enter after FW update (may not be necessary).

Uh....Except for the two amp blocks you changed. Then I think open them and toggle them on and off or to another amp or something, and then retweak all the amp settings.

Be sure to disconnect your MFC while you update your FW.

It's a discussion forum, it's supposed to be about discussing things. Taking issue with certain things is potentially part of discussion. You can minimize the opinions of the people that you don't agree with by writing it off as complaining, but basically telling people that they should just shut up if they take issue with something seems rather rude and actually counter-productive.

I posted this on the last page and I'll repeat it on this page. This thread is a discussion about public beta firmware version 15. This thread is for discussing firmware 15b (comments about 15b, requesting information about 15b, checking for issues with 15b, etc.), not for discussing the amp reset process that accompanies every firmware release in which the amp modeling has been altered (i.e. most f/w releases). This amp reset process discussion has pretty well taken over the intended discussion such that anyone looking to follow the 15b subject has to read through pages of the off-topic comments to find any trace of 15b posts.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the 'rude' comments and replies to those involved in derailing this discussion are likely a reaction to the fact that this hijack topic contains quite a few complaints about and shows little gratitude for this next in a long list of completely free (and entirely optional) updates. It comes off like biting the hand that feeds you specifically because of where the discussion is taking place - not simply because the discussion is taking place.

If you really feel strongly about this topic then do yourselves a favor and start a thread dedicated to the topic. You may well find asome of the same 'rude' users from this discussion joining the discussion with a more helpful approach. Continuing this hijack will almost certainly bring the same results you have seen so far. Either way I expect most of us would very much like to return to the treads intended discussion so I'd like to request that you kindly move the off-topic discussion to its own thread.

I hope no one finds this post offensive or off-putting. My intention is to help both discussions along without one negatively impacting another.

I never quite understand the amp reset thing. Probably will tell you wrong thing, but here goes.
Short answer in your case- no. Just go to Utlility/Preset/Update All presets and hit Enter after FW update (may not be necessary).

Uh....Except for the two amp blocks you changed. Then I think open them and toggle them on and off or to another amp or something, and then retweak all the amp settings.

Be sure to disconnect your MFC while you update your FW.

Excellent. Thanks for the help, Lkdog.

Guys, you all are philosophers more then guitarists!!!
It takes more time reading all your posts then updating and finetuning my presets!!!!
But they sound great!!!
Just joking :))))

Last edited:
So, have any bugs been found yet?
I was looking for that answer too after reading 500 comments so far. To me the 15 beta fw looks like a final version for upgrading already. Iam more than happy about it! Important questions about specific changes are have already been well responded by Cliff in this thread

Last edited:
I agree, but if I understand the process correctly, you don't have a choice when comparing. If you do the amp flip thing and change the algorithm, you're committed. So, if you liked the old revision better, you'd have to reload the old firmware. While you can certainly do that, what if you liked the new version on a bunch of amps you already compared? Gotta go through and flip them all again.

I don't know that there's an easy solution to this, but I'm hoping better minds will come up with something.

Just don't hit "save" and you'll be fine..

Last edited:
FW 15 is awesome. It's getting better all the time. No problems, just fine tune your presets and ..... PLAY !!!!!

So here's my question:

I don't think you'll regret it - I'm sticking on 14 for now until I get past a few upcoming gigs, but even going from 13 to 14 was great, so you'll likely love going to 15. I'm pumped about the improvement to non-master amps, as my most commonly used models all fall into this category. Enjoy!

I don't get it. Cliff gives us a completely new set of the best boutique amps available FOR FREE and the first thing that some people do is start complaining about it.

If I was Cliff I'd go on holiday and keep on selling what I have in stock. Instead, he and his crew work their asses off to make the AF2 even better and give us the updates for free. Maybe the complainers should ask themselves if they would do that. And honestly, until they come up with a reasonable answer they should just shut up.

Sorry for these words but I had to say it after reading the whole thread. Can't believe what I have been reading.

I'm really liking the tones I'm getting out of the new firmware. Another step forward for a great product. Thanks Fractal!

@solo-act,

I did the Utility -> Presets -> Update All Presets.

Then for each preset:

1. Amp Blocks: Copy X -> Y to save my current settings.
2. Amp Blocks: Change amp type and back to the original amp.
3. Make any Basic page or GEQ changes by ear.
4. Save

This worked well with my presets and 15b.

What are the chances of someone just going through the factory presets and updating them all and then sharing them? I mean 90% of my presets are still stock, but they do need to be updated. At least that would leave only 10% to be done by hand.

My thoughts are not for everyone.

But last wednesday I updated to 15b just before heading to the gig. Went to gig and half my presets were off. Yet all night customers screaming' and enjoying!

This morning just went back to fw14.02 for my lounge gig and my presets back to norm. Tomorrow morning I'll reload fw15b.00 and have fun re-tweaking my "bread and butter" presets and head to to gig at 9pm.

Love living on the edge!

FAS said in another thread, new presets are coming for fw15 final release.

I'm hoping with the new presets and final release of 15 that all the current free UR cabs (and a few more new ones :) are moved into factory cab space so factory presets can take advantage of them. I have little use for non UR cabs these days, so I would love to see the old ones slowly replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeez back up your banks and update. If you don't like it go back.
What The hell is the big deal.
We get continuous enhancements and new functionality................for freaking free.
If you can't be bothered with re tweaking your patches don't install the latest firmware.

Couldn't have said it better +1 !

New factory presets would be awsome . I think it would be especially cool to see new presets that showcase some of the new amps that have been added since like FW 11 !

@solo-act,

I did the Utility -> Presets -> Update All Presets.

Then for each preset:

1. Amp Blocks: Copy X -> Y to save my current settings.
2. Amp Blocks: Change amp type and back to the original amp.
3. Make any Basic page or GEQ changes by ear.
4. Save

This worked well with my presets and 15b.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom