Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Great update! I can't even find the words to describe my gratefulness for all your efforts for our community.
Only one thing I noticed is Porta-Bass doesn't work at least for me. I hear nothing when I change amp to Porta-bass.

just going through my presets and noticed that the vibrato lux sounded a bit dark. i reset the amp and some of the default values changed.

i'm noticing changes in other amps too. some power amp stuff and speaker resonances.

might be worth copying x to y if you can, doing a reset on y and seeing what's changed in your presets

Ah that might explain why I thought one of the presets I was using with just a Engl Savage and Ownhammer Ir sounded tubby. Must be the resonance that’s changed. I shall investigate when I get home.
If someone knows the Savage 1 resonance frequency from Q10.xx that would be handy.

In a way I like knowing that this is almost the last firmware. Means I never have to adjust stuff again.

Friedman font glitch bug fixed in the top of Axe-Edit which has showing the amp name and in the Axe-Fx LCD but it still on the Effect type in the left side of the amp block, it's like Friedman HBE 201 with a square instead of 8

Did you refresh Axe Edit after updating (Settings/Refresh After New FW)? On my Axe FXII XL, the Friedman 2018 spelling is fixed on the unit, and in all fields of Axe Edit.

Thanks a lot to the Fractal audio team.
I am plenty satisfied with my Axe FX II for my needs.
With this last firmware, I know that I will have something fully mature, which will work and sound great for years.
Maybe not as an AXE FX III, but great.
I also know that I will don't have to take care anymore to upgrade firmware regularly (who can really resist to that when available ?) and just fine tune my presets for my needs and my pleasure without thinking I would have to tweak them again someday..

Thanks !

Any comments on the sound? I'm thrilled with the last quantum version. Whats this bringing?

I tried a Morgan, lone star ,5153 red ,Friedman 2018 and an Engl Savage and they sounded identical to before but I would add I made a brand new patch using the Friedman 2018 and got exactly to where I wanted to be within 90 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom