Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Here it is, the FINAL AxeFX II Firmware release (except for bug fixes, if any). I feel like I should be in a large auditorium with fellow AxeFxer's as we all rise and give a standing ovation. It has been an incredible journey for this product from the humble word-of-mouth (or internet) beginnings to the large scale concert stage. A big thank you to the whole Fractal Team for making this happen.

I have recently upgraded to a III (also my third Axe-Fx) but this is still a welcome gift. Thank you, Cliff, for your dedication to your customer base.

Cliff, just a note to let you know how much I apprecaite you keeping us Series II owners/fans/fanatics "on the train" for as long as you have.

To be honest, and considering the III was announced in January last year, I never even expected the update you released in May of last year and, I SURE AS HELL didn't expect anything after that. Yet, here we are, retroactively benefting from your work on the III. Never would've thought it.

I just want to make it clear that I will be updating to the III this summer and, besides my II XL+ being such a great piece of gear, one of the bigger motivators for upgrading to the III is because of how you wonderfully treat your customers.

To be honest, I'd have upgraded to the III already but, I'll have to buy an RJM Matermind GT22 to use with it and they aren't cheap. Don't get me wrong, the FC-12 is pretty cool and all but, I'd like more switches to work with in my case as I'm not a fan of too many functions (press and hold, short press, long press, double press, etc) being on a single switch. But that's my problem

Anyhoo, tomorrow (Mar 1) is my birthday, and I'm heaading home right now to load up the final firmware update on my IIXL+.

What a nice, early birthday present!

Cheers, Cliff!

I don't even have a II anymore since I upgraded, but I'm happy that all of you guys that still have one got to have this! I will have to tell my buddy that I sold my XL to about it. He's not much of a forum follower.

Friedman font glitch bug fixed in the top of Axe-Edit which has showing the amp name and in the Axe-Fx LCD but it still on the Effect type in the left side of the amp block, it's like Friedman HBE 201 with a square instead of 8

Thanks FAS TEAM!!! You are the best!!!!

Ps. Don’t forget to update axe edit, next macOS update won’t be compatible with it.
Say what?
Next Mac update for Mojave?
I’m starting to have my fill of Apple products. What am I saying I love Mac OS but their updates are not trustworthy (still on Sierra)

Is there more Bass?
Or was I just jamming on a bright preset and now this one sounds a bit tubby?

Last edited:
Say what?
Next Mac update for Mojave?
I’m starting to have my fill of Apple products. What am I saying I love Mac OS but their updates are not trustworthy (still on Sierra)

I understand.. I'm on still El Capitan lol last few updates nearly broke my computer/ applications.

Sounds great! I'm having the no sound issue with the Porto-flex but no freezing. I have a normal II XL.

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff! It's so generous of you to take the time to make this happen. This is why this company will continue to have my business.

Thanks so much for everything Cliff.

It’s been a privilege to be on the ride of the growth and development of the AxeFxII.

I mean it was a privilege to get to play every new update and wait in anticipation for the next.

Knowing that this is the last is satisfying but kind of sad. The end of an era!

It reminds me of how I felt watching the last episode of MASH.

Thank God for reruns! I’m sure I’ll be revisiting this last episode for a long time to come.

My stuff is still put away from a gig last night, so I haven't had a chance to load this up. Did the new (and lower CPU) drives make it into the Axe-Fx II? Or the new 'Authentic' Drive and Amp modes? Probably not enough room?

Back
Top Bottom