Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.04

Me, reading this from the FM3 forum

girl-rage.gif

I'm having trouble installing this update. Every time I try, the transfer fails at a random point (anywhere between right at the beginning and 94% so far). The message I get says "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again."

I'm having trouble installing this update. Every time I try, the transfer fails at a random point (anywhere between right at the beginning and 94% so far). The message I get says "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again."
Are you using the link in Fractal Bot or did you download the link in the first post of this thread? I've had a couple of updates that stalled when using the link in Fractal Bot.

Are you using the link in Fractal Bot or did you download the link in the first post of this thread? I've had a couple of updates that stalled when using the link in Fractal Bot.
I was using Fractal Bot, first through Axe Edit and later using the standalone app, and I had the same problem both ways.

Other than Tuner offsets not working, is tuner still fine?,, seems so here. BTW I've just now started using JVM OD1's. Adjust gain, I got everything I need right there for Rock tones. Chiefs!!

Was the other USB port different in any way? USB 2? Part of a USB Hub? etc..?

Just curious. And the answers may be helpful for others with the same issue that come across this thread.
No problem. Both were actually Thunderbolt ports used with a USB-A to USB-C adapter (both on the rear of a Mac Pro). I also temporarily diaconnected anything else I could from the Thunderbolt ports.

on the question of whether to reset or not to reset. if this is something that bugs you and you have a lot of presets, one way to find out if it's necessary is to do this.
copy the amp over from the channel you're using to another unused channel. reset that channel by selecting the adjacent amp and then switching back, or using the reset channel command.
then go through and check each page of the amp block, setting all the parameters to identical values.
now flip back and forth between the channels while playing to A/B them. if they sound identical, then there's no need to reset.

on the question of whether to reset or not to reset. if this is something that bugs you and you have a lot of presets, one way to find out if it's necessary is to do this.
copy the amp over from the channel you're using to another unused channel. reset that channel by selecting the adjacent amp and then switching back, or using the reset channel command.
then go through and check each page of the amp block, setting all the parameters to identical values.
now flip back and forth between the channels while playing to A/B them. if they sound identical, then there's no need to reset.
Absolutely, This is the way I do it as well.

Here it is the preset I use for 99% of my tracks. Now with FW 21.04 is superlative! Thanks @FractalAudio
I think Dumble + Triaxis is a great combo going from clean to lead keeping a similar tone.

Consider that I have a PRS CU24 as my main guitar, but I'm sure it can be adjusted to different setup. And I'm not into metal or super high gain territory. I play from blues, to rock, from pop to electronic, from jazz to soul, but NOT metal (anymore).

Enjoy!

Sounds great! Very nice dumble tone!

Only wondering the volume level on the paralel reverb and especially the plex delay. The relative volume of the plex is great, although it gives on my studio monitors an overload of wide trails. Which could be intentional. Same goes for the Reverb. As you have it set paralel, when you take it 25% mix, the paralel will add volume when you bypass the reverb. Even when set to Mute FX In.

Is this intentional? What's the benefit? (I wanna uderstand and learn, it's not a trick question).

NOTE:
I can easily use this preset and tweak it to my likings, but I alway's wonder why this is done in this way as if you stay 100% on the paralel route you just have to lower the output level of that particular effect.

Wow, that's going very very quickly. Last iterations of FW is great, but every fw has slight impact on preset's. This particular version is again great, but now I have to update my CAB settings a little as highs are different and the low's as well. Seem's less SUB and the mid-lows. So I can get my bass-cut down or set different and the high cut also. Then I check my effects to see if this has any impact.

On ALL iterations: the feeling is great when you have found the sweetspot.

This latest firmware sit's GREAT in the mix even with my low and high cut's removed.
(haven't tested with gig volume on the MF10's).

But the thing I am mostly really interested in is the CAB 4 and Cab block changes that are coming. And also hope that Fractal is going to use some AI features to compliment the Firmware changes. That would be a really great tool!

That the AI is checking my presets and have all settings calculated to the new algoritms.
Or even with a mic set up the FOH in the mix

:cool:

Sounds great! Very nice dumble tone!

Only wondering the volume level on the paralel reverb and especially the plex delay. The relative volume of the plex is great, although it gives on my studio monitors an overload of wide trails. Which could be intentional. Same goes for the Reverb. As you have it set paralel, when you take it 25% mix, the paralel will add volume when you bypass the reverb. Even when set to Mute FX In.

Is this intentional? What's the benefit? (I wanna uderstand and learn, it's not a trick question).

NOTE:
I can easily use this preset and tweak it to my likings, but I alway's wonder why this is done in this way as if you stay 100% on the paralel route you just have to lower the output level of that particular effect.
There is no “scientific” rule or study behind that. I just tweak until I get what I like, it doesn’t matter how or which knobs I turn, I do it until it sounds good to my needs. 😉

There is no “scientific” rule or study behind that. I just tweak until I get what I like, it doesn’t matter how or which knobs I turn, I do it until it sounds good to my needs. 😉
That's the most important RULE of them all!

I'm a little nerdy on sound and high sensitive ears and trying to see why others do what they do.
Different gain stages and trails have quite a big impact on my end.
Thanks for you answer!

Back
Top Bottom